What's new

New to "fancy creams"

I just got some taylors avocado and cant wait to try it out. While i was at the mall getting my first badger brush from C&E I came upon a store called caswell-massey they have line of shave soaps and creams has anybody ever used any of these? The lady gave me some samples to try out.

While Caswell and Massey has some very good colognes and their aftershave balms are excellent, I can not say a great deal of good about their shave creams. Their shaving soaps are really not remarkable either. BUT! YMMV..:001_rolle

I had almond in my hand, it smelled good but I put back and only walked out with only the brush. But....now I know and will later go back and get some and maybe a brush stand:tongue:

When you do go back in get samples of the sandlewood, sienna and nomad creams and balms. They are good about giving out samples for you to try. If you like their scents you will eventually want to try their soaps...they give a great shave. Their products really leave your face feeling great.

Yikes, you had CE Almond Oil in your hand, and it didn't make its way to your bathroom? :eek:

But on a more lighter note, ditto what Ron said regarding CM, but if you're interested in some high end bath soaps, take a look at their triple milled soaps, some of them are quite nice.

-Nick

I recently received a small sample (thanks Kyle). So I figured I'd go check it out. My C&E has got some snotty Boca babes that could give a damn and that makes it hard for me purchase any of their products right now.

Tito said:
I recently received a small sample (thanks Kyle). So I figured I'd go check it out. My C&E has got some snotty Boca babes that could give a damn and that makes it hard for me purchase any of their products right now.

Suck it up! We all have to make sacrifices in the name of wetshaving. :lol:

Tito said:

Well then here is your solution...go into the local C&E and obtain samples...when you are ready to purchase place the order online...I think they have free shipping right now anyway.

I can guarantee you that C&E has quality products...but definitely can't guaranty quality employees...those seem to be fewer and fewer these days in retail.

The shop girl at my C&E seems fine. As with most of these people you have to get them involved so that you leave them with the illusion that they're really helping you out and that you couldn't do it without their expert knowledge. Works just about every time.

boboakalfb said:
When you do go back in get samples of the sandlewood, sienna and nomad creams and balms. They are good about giving out samples for you to try...

Bob,

How do they give out samples? Are their samples pre-sealed packets?

I plan to visit the C&E store in Richmond, VA this weekend. I can bring a few of my own empty containers if necessary.

-joedy

Joedy said:
Bob,

How do they give out samples? Are their samples pre-sealed packets?

I plan to visit the C&E store in Richmond, VA this weekend. I can bring a few of my own empty containers if necessary.

-joedy

The C&E store from which I received my samples just dumped some of their creams in a small container (but larger than the samples from Trumpers or T&H - and they provide the samples).

jduffy said:
The shop girl at my C&E seems fine. As with most of these people you have to get them involved so that you leave them with the illusion that they're really helping you out and that you couldn't do it without their expert knowledge. Works just about every time.

A different approach that you might try is the I-know-so-much-more-than-you approach. Don't be a jerk about it, but be very confident in what you know and don't ask questions. Just tell it like it is... I have learned that if you are very confident and knowledgable but are still friendly and personable then you can get almost anything that you want (not just at a C&E store).

Top Bottom