What's new

New to DE Wet shaving

Hi, I have been lurking here for a while finding interest in many posts. Then there was this excalibur brotherhood thread I wanted to open but I could not. SO I expect that a first post/self presentation is first what is asked.

I discovered DE shaving a month ago... How did I ?! I don't remember but it seemed to be a more authentic and less expensive way to closely shave my bald head. So did I start.

Well it turned amazingly well. Stop I know think I recall how I started. I believe it was an ads from amazon... Ok the starting point is ugly but the experience was VERY satisfying. I never had pleasure shaving before. But now, I look to it !

There are many reasons why I like it so much :

1] It's soft (but sharp) daily challenge, do it, do it well. Miss it and you get cut, I like the mastering it demands.
2] It's a pleasure, the smell, the feel... I really like it.
3] Close shave, and cheaper.
4] I love blade and sharpness, I have a mild fascination for it
5] Ability to search for what combination suits you best.
6] Optimization : get the maximum of what you got (excalibur)
7] I love the idea of being set for life on something.

Since my beginning my technique as progressed a lot I haven't cut my self for a while and I start to figure what I expect from a shave and how to get to it.

I own two closed combs french made razors. One I suppose is very mild with an oak handle (i'll start blades with that one), the other is a bit more aggressive and heavy (100g). I think I like the second better.
I have shaved with Astra SP and SS, Shark SC, 7 OC yellow. Next one is Gillette super platinum or feather.

May the door or the excalibur thread open ? I'm sure I'll find good advices inside !

T E M

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, thanks for checking in with us and sharing your experience.

I tried but did not work either. I have sent a message to the mod team... We will see.
Thanks for your concern hypermiler

I'm not sure which of the Mods you may have contacted, but I'll post here for you. That thread resides in our Clubs and Brotherhoods area of the site - you will need to have made 10 posts in the discussion areas of the site before Clubs and Brotherhoods becomes available to you. Please drop me a note if you have any further problems.

Top Bottom