What's new

New to DE Razor Shaving

Hi,
Decide about 2 months ago to try DE razor shaving. Got tired of throwing away single use plastic razors. So far ... so good. Started with and EJ 89. Then had to try some vintage Gillette TTO razors. I have a FatBoy, Slim and a Super Speed flare tip and SS Red Tip in my birth year/qtr. I need a C4 blue tip to complete that set. Quickly figured out I like TTO razors ... the Slim is my favorite so far ... have yet to try the Red Tip. Anyways ... this website has been a big help in selecting products. Thanks.
fullsizeoutput_1d56.jpeg

Welcome! So many great recommendations and information on here! Looks like you are off to a great start. What else is part of your kit?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, thanks for checking in. Nice selection of razors, enjoy the shaves.

You got some of the best ones already! That Red Tip is a fantastic razor. If you're like me and you alternate your beard growth, the red tip takes it down like no other. I don't use mine for daily shaves, though, it's too aggressive.

I suggest you get yourself a 1948 Aristocrat. It's a little lighter than the Fatboy's weight and a little more aggressive than the silver flair tip. Otherwise it fits right into that lineup. You might also like the Merkur 1906. It's cheap and is a great, weighty short handle. Cool art deco gnurling too.

Welcome! So many great recommendations and information on here! Looks like you are off to a great start. What else is part of your kit?
Basic brush, bowl and Derby Lemon cream. Starting using Clubman After Shave ... really like it.

Welcome to B & B, enjoy! You've got nice gear, both the EJ & the vintage Gillettes. And the Clubman is a terrific scent!

Hi,
Decide about 2 months ago to try DE razor shaving. Got tired of throwing away single use plastic razors. So far ... so good. Started with and EJ 89. Then had to try some vintage Gillette TTO razors. I have a FatBoy, Slim and a Super Speed flare tip and SS Red Tip in my birth year/qtr. I need a C4 blue tip to complete that set. Quickly figured out I like TTO razors ... the Slim is my favorite so far ... have yet to try the Red Tip. Anyways ... this website has been a big help in selecting products. Thanks.
View attachment 985044

Welcome Fuzzy2964,

You've got a very nice selection and to enable you along there are the British rockets and aristocrats too lol.

Then theres blades, brushes and soaps :)

Glad to have you on board.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Top Bottom