What's new

New to DE. Getting along with my new friend.

G'Day fellows...

Been shaving 2 months now with a DE but member of the Club Of Beardless Brethren for some time now. Formerly a showershaver using cheap Lidl Carts. But got glasses recently, felt really old at 44 and thought; "might as wel get a better face to put the spectacles on".

For now tools of the trade are: K.C.G. often loaded with BIC Chrome Platinums or Astra Greens, a synthetic GoodFellasSmile Red Evil Brush and a Proraso Boar poakin' around in a Yaqi shave bowl, Proraso Red preshave, Cella soap, Hawkins and Brimble AS. I landed on the BICS because, well, sharp, cheap and European. Support your local economy. The KCG because I had no patience.

Trying hard to not fall in all of the rabbit holes of this hobby, but the KCG is becoming a little too mild for my tastes. Been experimenting with shimming, but just loosening the handle 1/4 of a turn for the 1st and 2nd pass gives better results for my mugshot. So made a choice to purchase a Parker Variant OC as the new Razor. 'tWill arrive soon.

For now, having some really troublesome times with these questions:

• Are there any "lefthanded shavers left"? Someone once told me they were all but extinct.
  • Are women welcome on this forum? Women have hair, surely they shave. Somewhere.
  • How does one return the excess lather to its original form and place (the tub). Or maybe more important: what else to do with it? Shurely not wash it down the drain?!

Are there any "lefthanded shavers left"? Someone once told me they were all but extinct. - One would presume, as they are something like 10% of the population

Are women welcome on this forum? Women have hair, surely they shave. Somewhere. - Absolutely! There have been a few over the years, but I can't remember their names at the moment.

How does one return the excess lather to its original form and place (the tub). Or maybe more important: what else to do with it? Shurely not wash it down the drain?! - Yeah, pretty much. It's soap, and soap is cheap.

Welcome to B&B!

Fordfather

Staff member
G'Day fellow Faceturbators...

Been shaving 2 months now with a DE but member of the Club Of Beardless Brethren for some time now. Formerly a showershaver using cheap Lidl Carts. But got glasses recently, felt really old at 44 and thought; "might as wel get a better face to put the spectacles on".

For now tools of the trade are: K.C.G. often loaded with BIC Chrome Platinums or Astra Greens, a synthetic GoodFellasSmile Red Evil Brush and a Proraso Boar poakin' around in a Yaqi shave bowl, Proraso Red preshave, Cella soap, Hawkins and Brimble AS. I landed on the BICS because, well, sharp, cheap and European. Support your local economy. The KCG because I had no patience.

Trying hard to not fall in all of the rabbit holes of this hobby, but the KCG is becoming a little too mild for my tastes. Been experimenting with shimming, but just loosening the handle 1/4 of a turn for the 1st and 2nd pass gives better results for my mugshot. So made a choice to purchase a Parker Variant OC as the new Razor. 'tWill arrive soon.

• Are there any "lefthanded shavers left"? Someone once told me they were all but extinct.
  • Are women welcome on this forum? Women have hair, surely they shave. Somewhere.
  • How does one return the excess lather to its original form and place (the tub). Or maybe more important: what else to do with it? Shurely not wash it down the drain?!
Yes, you can wash it down the drain, and don't call me Shirley.

Welcome to B&B!

You could squeeze the lather out of the brush and put it in back in the tub. It couldn't hurt...

GLWTS's!

Welcome aboard!

To answer your questions, as best I can:
1. I am certain there are left handed shavers. In addition, there are people like me who use both hands.
2. Women are most welcome on B&B.
3. Some guys squeeze excess lather back onto their soap pucks. For me, that is too much trouble. I rinse out my brush and let excess lather go down the drain.

Welcome to B & B, Mr. William Randolph Hurst! Perhaps the greatest movie of all time.

I'm fairly certain there are left-handed shavers. I sometimes shave left-handed myself.
Some women members are on B & B, & they are certainly welcome here.
I rinse the excess soap down the drain. I have too much soap so this is my little way of working through it.

G'Day fellow Faceturbators...

As a really young guy who recently got glasses i can affirm that it really does something to you. lol. glad it brought you to us. welcome.

Top Bottom