What's new

New to B&B

Hello all,
I stumbled across this forum many moons ago and have finally decided to take the plunge into proper wetshaving, largely in part to the information found within this forum - it seems only proper to register an account and say hello. After years of using cartridge razors I had gravitated towards single blade disposables as the best, cheap option in an effort to have a functional shave with my sensitive skin. A few years of this had left me with irritated skin prone to break outs and ingrown hairs. After much thought on the matter I began the process of transitioning to a better method....

First step was ditching the canned goo and using a puck of Williams with a synthetic brush. After a few months and much improvement in my complexion I ordered up a Merkur 34C.... then found a great price on an EJ 89L.... then found a 40s Gillette SS for $15 on the big auction site. All of these purchases happened within a few weeks as I had a moment of clarity during my first shave with a DE razor - I'm never going back.

I completed my first shave and immediately disposed of my disposable razors as I had not experienced such a close comfortable shave in as long as I could recall. I managed a 3 pass shave that day with no nicks, cuts or weepers and knew that I was hooked. Now I am in the honeymoon phase and slowly acquiring the classic kit of soaps (Williams, Arko, Cella) and blades (Derby, Astra, Feather) and can honestly say that that this hobby is as fun as it is rewarding. I feel better about myself, look better, and now enjoy an element of grooming that used to be something I dreaded. Thanks to all for sharing their journey on this forum and allowing me to learn from the collective wisdom of B&B - I look forward to seeing you around!!

-Mike

Welcome to B&B. Looks like you are enjoying your shaves, which will get better as your technique improves.

Welcome. Can't go wrong with the Williams! My favorite soap, ever. I have a lot different soaps, and I love them all, but Williams is my go to.

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here too and it's a lot of fun. Check out all the forums not about shaving. Great stuff there too

Top Bottom