What's new

New to B&B

Hi all. I'm new to B&B but not really that new to wet-shaving. I currently use a Merkur Futur to shave my face and a custom handled Mach 3 to shave my head. I have ordered a Merkur 38M to start trying to shave my head. I think the head profile will be much easier than using the Futur. I'm pretty good around my face so I don't think my head will be too bad with a DE just take some getting used to.

As far as the soaps I currently have some Stirling soap samples and a full tub of Baker Street along with a puck of Col. Conk Amber. I did just order some Nobel Otter Barrbarr and Noir Et Vanille that I am looking forward to trying out when they arrive.

For brushes I only have two a Vintage Blades badger and a Van Der Hagen Boar (I think) that came with a starter set.

I'm glad I found this forum. It looks like a great community with a lot of knowledge to be had. I'll post some pics of my setup soon. Have a great day.

Welcome to B&B.
The Merkur 38M has the same head as the 34C which is a nice razor to use.
Yes that is what I’ve been hearing and I like longer handles and the price was stupid cheap $25 brand new discontinued sale. I would’ve preferred the chrome handle but for that price I’ll be happy with the matte.

Welcome to the forum! How are you liking that Futur? Have you tried all of the settings?
I enjoy the Futur. I have tried all of the settings. I'm currently using Astra blades running a 2.5-3 setting on the Futur. I do two passes one WTG and one XTG and very comfortable shaves and smooth enough for me and the wife.

I recently received my Merkur 38M and have used that my last two shaves. It is odd though the first pass seems to feel a little sticky or tacky but the second pass is slick as hell. I'm not doing anything different than I am with the Futur so I don't know why the first pass has so much resistance to it. I still get a good shave but there is an awful lot of hair left after the first pass.

Top Bottom