What's new

New to B&B, not new to Wet Shaving

My tried and true...
image0.jpeg

I just ordered a Fendrihan two razor, two brush stand, and a Shavemac D01! Since I own a Gillette Fat Boy adjustable razor, I will have three razors and three brushes in a couple of weeks. Since I have some D R Harris shaving soap on the way, I suppose I need a third soap option to keep everything balanced ;)

I just ordered a Fendrihan two razor, two brush stand, and a Shavemac D01! Since I own a Gillette Fat Boy adjustable razor, I will have three razors and three brushes in a couple of weeks. Since I have some D R Harris shaving soap on the way, I suppose I need a third soap option to keep everything balanced ;)
Today I ordered Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver soap and aftershave and 70th Anniversary soap and aftershave to the list of items on order. Now I can relax knowing I have some great stuff to try out and enough consumables to last a long time!

You aren't messing around! Way to get all the good stuff first, it actually will save you money in the long run. Those two scents are different enough that you can switch between them if you get tired of one, nice job. And that brush you ordered... I can't wait to see it! Oh brushes, sorry.

You aren't messing around! Way to get all the good stuff first, it actually will save you money in the long run. Those two scents are different enough that you can switch between them if you get tired of one, nice job. And that brush you ordered... I can't wait to see it! Oh brushes, sorry.
Haha! Thank you! My current setup is pretty darn nice and has served me well over the years, so I was only looking for similar or better products. I know I will enjoy trying and growing accustomed to my new shaving tools and products!

I suggest considering a synthetic shaving brush.
I ordered a Simpsons Chubby 2 in the Platinum Synthetic from Amazon yesterday. I also purchased the Above the Tie Windsor top cap and an SSRH base plate. The Simpsons prices on Amazon for synthesis brushes are considerably better than their website, and free shipping with prime! I love my R base plate ATT razor, but sometimes when I don't shave for several days (I work from home a lot), the R can get clogged up. It hasn't ever prevented me from getting a great shave, but if I use my Gillette Fat Boy with more blade gap, I notice improved performance. The original ATT top cap that doesn't cover the ends of the blade never bothered me, but I thought the new head was an excellent way to round out my shaving kit. I also added D R Harris Windsor Aftershave Milk and Marlborough shaving soap to my collection. I have used the Arlington Aftershave Milk for several years and love it! Since I have added so many shaving options, I wanted to try different fragrances too. I don't wear cologne, and any lotions and shampoos I use are unscented, so my shaving soaps and aftershave are my only scent. Between a few great badger options, a synthetic, several razor combinations, and several soaps and aftershaves, I should have endless combinations of great shaving ahead of me!

Top Bottom