What's new

New to Aftershaves

Just started using aftershave and looking for some classic scents, currently have the sample pack from Captains Choice and no others.

Classic Scents? Go to the grocery store or drug store and pick up Aqua Velva, Old Spice, Skin Bracer, Brut, Afta, etc. Also the whole Pinaud line is classic as well.

You may be sorely disappointed with most of the classics if your baseline is the Captain's Choice line-up. That's setting the bar pretty high, IMO.

Appleton Barber...has Master Brand at , you wont believe, cheap prices

other than that, the usual local store stuff listed above

Clubman is a scent. So there's only one Pinaud Clubman scent.

Other highly popular Pinaud scents are Virgin Island Bay Rum (VIBR) and Lilac Vegetal (The VEG).

The above are the top 3, but all are great.

If you're looking at the Pinaud line, Clubman Special Reserve is a worthwhile try, especially as autumn approaches. Its patchouli and spicy tones seem suited for the cooler weather to come.

Aqua Velva (Ice Blue) is a great recommendation that I'll repeat.

Proraso Green splash will also be an inevitable and worthy choice!

La Toja splash is also very good. It is a nice alternative to the sweet powder smell that I find overwhelming in the Brut, Clubman and Skinbracer ***.

+1 for this. This is as classic as it gets. Also check out some dollar store knock-offs. Family Dollar has a good Old Spice knock-off and Dollar tree has some different copies as well.

Classic Scents? Go to the grocery store or drug store and pick up Aqua Velva, Old Spice, Skin Bracer, Brut, Afta, etc. Also the whole Pinaud line is classic as well.

Clubman is a scent. So there's only one Pinaud Clubman scent.

Other highly popular Pinaud scents are Virgin Island Bay Rum (VIBR) and Lilac Vegetal (The VEG).

The above are the top 3, but all are great.

I will look into the Pinaud line, thanks !!!

Do this now.

$floidbluenew.jpg

Oh, and big ups for Clubman as well.

Always loved after shaves-maybe 'cause of my dad and grandpa. So a few weeks ago I dug thru threads on AS and ordered one I never heard of-Avon Black Suede. Excellent juice! So keep an open mind and take 'em for a spin-the most you can lose is <$10 anyway

Top Bottom