What's new

New TM strop

Just got it in the mail.
D1AAC51D-ACC5-4467-9403-E202F66E9F1C.jpeg
07B45716-F441-4A4A-B567-41BC0A0BF47C.jpeg

First time using the new horsehide roughout. What a pleasure to strop on, it’s like stropping on velvet. Nice medium draw, not real slick and lite like the other one I have.

Just placed an order today. Have a 2” roughout/linen travel, going for 3” Oiled Bridle/linen for the new one. Was looking to try something different from the roughout (which I really like, but hey why not try something different?)

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
My other one is so old I don't recall what leather it is lol.

Your other one looks "modified" a bit. Leather is likely my old "Fast Bridle" but with no logo is likely a Plain rather than Artisan, if it is really thin it may be an early Notovan strop. Handle set looks much lighter in color and would not normally have been offered on a Plain and I usually don't show the slotted side of the screws on the leather side, only the cloth.

Your other one looks "modified" a bit. Leather is likely my old "Fast Bridle" but with no logo is likely a Plain rather than Artisan, if it is really thin it may be an early Notovan strop. Handle set looks much lighter in color and would not normally have been offered on a Plain and I usually don't show the slotted side of the screws on the leather side, only the cloth.

The original leather I believe was the Notovan. Then it got taken out by my then 2 year old grandson, he was teething on it lol. This is a replacement leather I bought from you, you didn’t have the Novoton at the time when I tried to get a replacement. Still, it has served me well over the years.

Top Bottom