What's new

New Thater, This might be the 'one'!

I used my new Thater brush for the first time today and was very pleased with it. It's a 4125/2 two band 26 mm bulb knot. I've been searching for a brush with the backbone I want with nice soft tips. All I can say it this brush delivered. I've been experimenting with boar and synthetics, and decided to give the Thater a try, time will tell but so far I really like this brush. Maybe not quite as soft as my Simpsons Chubbies, but definitely more backbone!

Here is the new Thater flanked by a couple of Simpsons Chubbies!

Attachments

• IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
Thanks guys, after four shaves it has the backbone that I want. It's not as soft as the Simpsons yet, but not too scritchy at all for me. I still love my Chubbies!

After using the Thater for a couple of weeks, I wouldn't part with my Chubby 2 brushes. Totally different face feel between the two band bulb Thater and luxurious softness of the Chubbies. The Chubbies have the softness and the Thater has the scrubbiness. The Thater is better for me with soaps, but the Chubbies are ultra soft. Just depends on the day and the soap or cream I want to use. Maybe a 3-band Thater bulb would split the difference? As if I need more brushes! My wife doesn't understand my quest for the perfect shaving brush (which may not exist)!

Maybe a 3-band Thater bulb would split the difference? As if I need more brushes! My wife doesn't understand my quest for the perfect shaving brush (which may not exist)

My recommendation for Thater is always go 1-2 sizes up from your preference. My 22mm 3-band Thater is ok with creams or soft soaps but doesn't do as well with hard soaps as my 22mm Silvertip Rooney 1/1. After 25 brushes, including Simpsons, Rooneys & Thaters, I'm convinced there is no one perfect brush for all occasions. Looking for that perfect brush is like tilting at windmills.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Thaeter makes very good brushes (in Shavamac produced handles). Just today I used my SRP 2011 two-band, great brush.

Top Bottom