What's new

New Tatara Coming?

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I received an email announcing that Tatara are releasing a new razor on 6th April. Does anyone know anything more?

The body of the email is as follows.

Adjustable Safety Razor

Here comes our most innovative and ambitious razor.

The Tatara adjustable safety razor will be launched and open for Pre-Order on the 6th of April 2021.

Stay tunned!
TATARA TEAM

They announced an adjustable in the email. No more information until the 6th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder when it'll come out

- Fayiz D.

Reading a translation from another forum this might sell for $386 plus shipping? I think the razor adjusts the exposure only by turning the handle. Have to wait for the link to purchase (pre-sale) to get the facts first hand.

Reading a translation from another forum this might sell for $386 plus shipping? I think the razor adjusts the exposure only by turning the handle. Have to wait for the link to purchase (pre-sale) to get the facts first hand.
That'd be more than I'd pay for one. I hope it isnt an "adjustable" like the PAA doc adjustable

- Fayiz D.

That price is disappointing (410 ish with shipping to USA). Not to say it is not priced appropriately, but it wont stop me from spending 70 more dollars and getting the 2021 sailor.

That price is disappointing (410 ish with shipping to USA). Not to say it is not priced appropriately, but it wont stop me from spending 70 more dollars and getting the 2021 sailor.
Where did you find that price?

- Fayiz D.

Where did you find that price?

- Fayiz D.

Some details, including a potential price of €329 (so around $389), appeared on some Spanish forum. But nothing officially announced or confirmed by Tatara yet.

Their website seems to be down but it is launched

- Fayiz D.

426 USD with the stand($37) and free shipping. All the images seem to be renders so I'm not keen to buying something without a photo of the final product.

Attachments

• muramasa.PNG
    muramasa.PNG
    279.8 KB · Views: 32
I finally got through. $390 is still more than I'm willing to pay. Was hoping around 200-250 like the rex ambassador and homelike taiga

- Fayiz D.

The premium seems to come for the Patent which they claim to have.
Other 316 Stainless Steel adjustable razors were inspired by some or the other Vintage razor.
Tatara seems to have done something Patent worthy, maybe that's why the higher than expected price?

Other 316 Stainless Steel adjustable razors were inspired by some or the other Vintage razor.
Tatara seems to have done something Patent worthy, maybe that's why the higher than expected price?
Yeah still not gonna pay that[emoji1787] but I look forward to seeing reviews

- Fayiz D.

The patent doesn't mean anything in this day and age as Yaqi will have a knock-off on the market in 6-8 months for under $50!!

The patent doesn't mean anything in this day and age as Yaqi will have a knock-off on the market in 6-8 months for under $50!!
Yup, and judging by price, a lot of people will be willing to purchase it as well.

Here's more information...

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets

It is true, but YAQI razors always seem to lack some detailed aesthetics, the decoration of shave den is often lower than merkur 42c or vintage gillette.
Although I love their brushes.

Let's go back to the tatara adjustable. They did put forward a very innovative concept this time--there is no spring inside, but the price is really daunting.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I am sure that some will be able to pay the amount wanted for the new Tatara but for others it will be a major hurdle.