What's new

New Tallow and Steel Scents

has anybody been able to try the new TS scents yet? I have yet to try this soap brand mostly because the scents have not intrigued me enough to order. However all 3 of these new scents seem interesting especially the Sicily and Kyoto.

Ive got a tub of Himalaya. Its a nice, musky, spicy scent. The other day I ordered a tub of Kyoto because I cant say no to asian inspired soaps.
I find T&S to be good performing soaps, its all a matter of finding a scent that you like.

What is the T&S soap scent strength like? I love Grooming Dept soaps but find most of the scents too strong

I don't believe that anyone has gotten the opportunity to try the new scents yet. I was fortunate enough to get to try the new formula in testing but the sample I tried was the West Indies scent. Orders are going out now so hopefully you'll start getting some feedback soon as people start to get their orders. Maybe as early as tomorrow for some of the Canadian purchasers.

In terms of scent strength in the past the other scents have been fairly bold and complex. Not all that different in terms of scent strength than some of the newer Grooming Dept offerings. These seem like they may be a bit brighter though. So maybe a bit less dark and more cleaner, fresher scents. A complete guess on my part there though.

All of the new scents sound amazing to me. Especially the Sicily one as I really like Bergamot.

So? How was the new formula? Most interested in the new base...not scents as that’s always ymmv with T+S..

The new formula is very similar to the old formula with the main goal being to take away the earthy note and let the scents really shine through. Maybe slightly slicker but not a huge difference performance wise as the soap was already phenomenal in terms of performance. So, not sure how much it could actually even be improved in terms of performance as it's soundly in my top two performance wise. We're talking the best or second best soap ever made as far as I'm concerned.

The main goal was to improve the base in terms of carrying scents and not step backwards at all in terms of performance.

I have really enjoyed T&S scents, from their Version 1 with the Classic and Rainforest scents, to the version 2 with Morocco, 150 and Himalaya all have been very very nice to use... I bought version 3 with complete confidence and can’t wait to try out Kyoto!

My order is saying something like an arrival of 6/26. This could change once it starts moving again, but it's still in Canada at the moment.

The Kyoto soap has sold out after just one week! It was a limited edition and Ryan @T+S already posted and said they won’t be making it again. He initially thought his stock would last all summer....So much for that...Still some of the AS available..

Last edited:
scent is a bit, just a tiny bit, stronger than Grooming Dept's.. rather pleasant, imo.
I hope T&S burnt the previous scents formula, didn't like them at all (xpt IPA, which was kinda decent)

More reason to dislike limited releases. Don't care to search around for something that is not readily available. Way too vast a soap market for that.

Late to the party - but I just received my first T+S, which was Sicily. Used this AM. Love the scent. Very citrusy, it does definitely have a slight fruit loops vibe to it, but I found it to be very pleasant.

Also used the matching AS, which was my first non-alcohol AS. Overall as I think many have alluded, the T+S soap performance is excellent. Scent staying power is slightly weak as it has pretty much completely dissipated after about 2 hours.

Top Bottom