What's new

New SW Shield Plus and Ruger Max 9

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I only have a couple of beefs with them.

They used to charge small envelope 1st class USPS for very small parts. They don't do that any more.

Their "free shipping" is slow boat to China where UPS or Fedex handles the parcel 90% of the way then is handed off to USPS. Just send the stuff USPS 1st class and be done with it.

My third and last beef is that I'd like to see the ARFCOM store returned to something resembling what it used to be now that Brownells owns that web forum. The TeeSpring sucks. At least give us back the BFL logo vehicle decals and embroidered patches.
I’ve never understood the UPS “Mail Innovation” system either. I agree, just give it to USPS or ship it all the way with UPS. I hate tracking UPS packages which say they’ll be delivered tomorrow just to realize that tomorrow means they’ll give it to USPS who will deliver it within the next 5 days.
I’ll wait and see how the firearm purchasing process goes. Still wish I had some idea when the pistols were actually going to be in stock for shipping.

Want a "Plus" but cringing at the price.

It wasn't that long ago when you could score a Gen 1 Shield for $249 with free shipping and no sales tax. Transfer fee was only $10 and then I got a $50 rebate from S&W

A Shield for $209. Never see that again.

Want a "Plus" but cringing at the price.

It wasn't that long ago when you could score a Gen 1 Shield for $249 with free shipping and no sales tax. Transfer fee was only $10 and then I got a $50 rebate from S&W

A Shield for $209. Never see that again.
Salaries will go down, taxes up, electricity and gasoline up..... ammo will we extremely expensive...... and you have to wear 2 masks....
BTW does Brownells now charge tax on their sales?
Backordered sometimes takes for ever to ship.....you might forget until you get an email that it shipped.

Yes, Brownells does collect sales tax.

proxy.php

As does Primary Arms, MidwayUSA, and Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore and likely just about every other online vendor.

FFL info sent to Brownells. Now the waiting begins.

Now you need to start searching for extra magazines. I have no idea where you're going to find them.

Suggest you do regular searches at Lanbo's Armory and Greg Cote LLC in addition to the big boys and magazine-centric vendors. Be prepared for outrageous prices (duh).

General question to those who have experience with both, "Is there generally a difference in trigger pull between safety equipped and manual safety-less versions of the same pistol?"

I understand that some people are uneasy with a pistol that does not have a manual safety, but I was wondering if a safety equipped version would have a better trigger pull that a more experienced pistol-toter would appreciate and therefore select the safety model for that reason, rather than a fear of not having a manual safety. I personally am not aware of a pistol that has different trigger characteristics between safety vs. safety-less versions of the same basic model. Anyone have knowledge to the contrary?

I have a Sig P365 with manual safety. I tried one at the time I bought it, that lacked the safety and could not tell a difference. Having started my semi auto handgun journey with a Browning HP, then Colt 1911's, I was familiar with using a thumb safety and am quite comfortable with it. Before the P365 I was carrying a little Sig P938, a micro 1911, condition 1, which is considered a must, to carry with round chambered and hammer cocked, but I often wonder why, if we can carry a striker fired in the same condition, why should a single action with a hammer require a safety. Having said that I still want my safety.

I have a Sig P365 with manual safety. I tried one at the time I bought it, that lacked the safety and could not tell a difference. Having started my semi auto handgun journey with a Browning HP, then Colt 1911's, I was familiar with using a thumb safety and am quite comfortable with it. Before the P365 I was carrying a little Sig P938, a micro 1911, condition 1, which is considered a must, to carry with round chambered and hammer cocked, but I often wonder why, if we can carry a striker fired in the same condition, why should a single action with a hammer require a safety. Having said that I still want my safety.
I was always under the assumption that a 1911 with the hammer back had a very light trigger and needing a safety vs the striker fired pistol having a heavy trigger that needs no safety. I don’t have much experience with 1911’s though. My favorite pistol is an sr9 striker fired with a manual safety which I like....

Lotsa practice swiping down. I swipe down on all my guns during practice regardless of whether they have a safety just so I’ll always do it with my sr9.

The market on the "latest and greatest" 9mm carry pistols is like owning an Apple product:

What it's like to own an Apple product - The Oatmeal - https://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

:lol1:

Truer words have never been spoken, it's just a money grab by the gun makers for these "high capacity" concealed carry pieces, Sig nailed with the P365, whether you like Sig or not, and whether you have one with issues or not doesn't matter, what matters is that they changed the game and brought it too market, and now everyone is playing catchup.

Glock also was right there with the 43, then the 43x and then the 43 slim. Springfield is trying to push the market with the hellcat, if Springfield would stop making their guns look like toys, and stop putting marketing hype on them like "grip zone" where we as gun guys all know how to hold a firearm I'd be somewhat interested in one.

I've actually got my eye on a Smith and Wesson Performance center 9mm EZ in the gold and black. Once my divorce is finalized that one will be hitting the safe for sure.

Was in Palmetto State Armory's Columbia store today. They only had one Shield, a 9mm 2.0. No Plus model, and no magazines.

No ammo either. Go to Ammo Shortage thread to see the sad pics.

Academy is getting some of these new SW, Ruger and also G43-8x for those interested....they apparently fly off the shelves, according to the people behind the counter.

proxy.php

I picked up my Shield Plus today. Before I bought the 365, I carried my old Shield everywhere. I really liked that gun but the difference in round count was just too much to overlook and I bought the 365 but always liked that Shield. So much so, that it’s on permanent loan to my step dad as his carry gun.
I’ve got a lot of time invested in the 365 so I don’t know if I’ll go back to the Shield. I think it holds 14 better than the 365 holds 13 or 16 - if that makes any sense. Even though those Sig factory 15’s stick out a lot, they’re nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
proxy.php

I picked up my Shield Plus today. Before I bought the 365, I carried my old Shield everywhere. I really liked that gun but the difference in round count was just too much to overlook and I bought the 365 but always liked that Shield. So much so, that it’s on permanent loan to my step dad as his carry gun.
I’ve got a lot of time invested in the 365 so I don’t know if I’ll go back to the Shield. I think it holds 14 better than the 365 holds 13 or 16 - if that makes any sense. Even though those Sig factory 15’s stick out a lot, they’re nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you compare the Shield Plus's trigger to your 365?

Top Bottom