What's new

New Supply single edge Pro

I thought I was just going to stick with my Vector as my sole SE blade holder, but I have been kinda jones'ing for a modern injector lately. The Supply Pro will get a serious look from me once it's actually available to purchase and more are out in the wild (just want to feel good about their QC as I totally understand teething issues for new releases can be a challenge....I simply don't gave the patience to play the return game).

Took my SE Pro for it's maiden voyage this morning and started with it set on 4 and a Black Label blade loaded. It felt like it could do more so on the second and third pass it was set at 5. It delivered a great shave. I do have to say that my experience for a first run was a good one. I also noticed with my original Supply SE that likely only the higher end of the spectrum will be used. We'll see how 6 is tomorrow. My first impressions are that I think Supply has a winner with this razor

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet but Patrick, the founder, and CEO of Supply posted a comment on a YouTube video stating that they have identified an issue with the little removable door that is allowing it to rattle. He relayed that they will be sending out replacement versions to everyone who purchased the run of the Pro razor that will address the issue. I believe the timeframe was sometime this summer. In the meantime, it doesn't affect shave quality so there's no reason not to use the razor.

Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: Hendrix Classics & Co "Badass"
Brush: Jayaruh 287
Razor: Supply Single Edge Pro (4, 4, 1)
Blade: Supply Black Label (3)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and Nivea Sensitive Balm

2022-02-18_Supply-Pro.jpg

I'm still getting to know the Pro. This was my third use of this razor and I have had some great shaves so far. I really appreciate the weight compared to my vintage injectors but it does require a lighter touch. The Black Label blades are the best I've used so far. It's hard to go wrong with HC&C soaps. My wife compliments me every time I use this one in particular. I ended this shave with a slight amount of irritation in the usual places under my jawline but it was worth it for the completely smooth BBS result. Happy shaves!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Both of mine didn't/don't rattle. He must have enough reports to incline him to such action. He seems to want to get this right!
I don't currently own a Supply Razor. Am interested again. This one seems a bit lighter than the stainless one I owned. I will second you that I think Patrick wants to get this right. Supply has been a wonderful company to deal with as far as a return or any problem I had. They are nice razors, for me the original was just too heavy.

I don't currently own a Supply Razor. Am interested again. This one seems a bit lighter than the stainless one I owned. I will second you that I think Patrick wants to get this right. Supply has been a wonderful company to deal with as far as a return or any problem I had. They are nice razors, for me the original was just too heavy.
Mine is right at 90g

My Pro was delivered about an hour ago; I'll be giving it a first run tonight.

I used the pack of blades that came packaged with the razor (I also ordered a single pack pf the black label blades when I ordered). First blade would not slide in cleanly; it was extremely crooked, and I had to use needle nose pliers to remove it.

I threw that first blade way and injected a second blade; seems to be fine/straight.

Just wanted to make a quick post that I have been without my razor for about a week due to a defect. I wasn't going to post until I get the replacement, but this is more for those with the razor so they can look out. After using a Plus Platinum for an entire week, I decided to give the Black Label blades another go. After loading the blade and pulling out the injector, the blade floats. It isn't going to cut you because as soon as you try to use the razor, the blade moves back. You can actually check this with a fingernail(from the side), just be careful you don't push it all the way out if yours starts floating! I have a replacement on the way and will have a post about the whole experience later.

Brief impressions of unboxing and first use of the Pro.

Solidly made; adjustment knob, as noted by others, rattles when shaking the razor, but I did not notice anything amiss during use on my face.

Numbers on the adjustment knob are really hard to see under anything other than bright light (for me).

Short and sweet: I need more time withe the Pro as I have exclusively been using a Blackland Vector (AC format) and H&SCo. Z074-ti (DE blade) since like June 2021. However, that said, I did get an acceptable shave using setting 3.5 on 1st, WTG, pass and 3 on 2nd ATG pass + touch-up in my typical problem area (mustache/above upper lip).

***The only thing that annoyed me during use was the amount of water the head of the Pro holds after rinsing. My neck and chest were soaking wet due to water flowing out of the head during use after rinsing. Guess it’s just the nature of a razor with the nooks & crannies necessary for an adjustable injector. If it wasn’t for this water, the silicone sleeve might not be necessary (for me).

In any event, this is my first experience with Supply, and I do plan to use the Pro plenty in the coming weeks.

IMG_0089.jpeg

Yep, the water everywhere is annoying. If you keep the injector opening facing down while rinsing, you won't have any more drips than other razors.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
My Pro was delivered about an hour ago; I'll be giving it a first run tonight.

I used the pack of blades that came packaged with the razor (I also ordered a single pack pf the black label blades when I ordered). First blade would not slide in cleanly; it was extremely crooked, and I had to use needle nose pliers to remove it.

I threw that first blade way and injected a second blade; seems to be fine/straight.
I had 100% the same experience. Mine showed up today. The first blade was seeming stuck in the injector bank when it released it jammed into the razor with such speed that one end was completely over the pin. Had to squeze it back with a Knippex pliers and some cardboard stock to keep from scratching the razor.

Then I was able to load blade 2 as is normal. So if this is par for the course, you are really buying a 7 pack, but paying for an 8 pack. So far after the white plastic injector pack and now this black one.... blades be damned I really like the actual steel loaders far better.

Shaved on 3 and didn't get that close of a shave, but got plenty of irritation. So not as close as my Type E, but more irritating. I'm going to go to a 5 tomorrow and really try to go light on the touch and see what happens.

I did think fit and finish was decent for a cast razor cast in PROC.

Shaved on 3 and didn't get that close of a shave, but got plenty of irritation. So not as close as my Type E, but more irritating. I'm going to go to a 5 tomorrow and really try to go light on the touch and see what happens.
5 is where the blade is always noticeable. This might be helpful or it might be irritating, but it isn't any more bitey than 3. I am guessing the weight of the handle is causing you some trouble compared to vintage injectors. Also the design of the head allows too steep of an angle that merely lifts the blade on vintage.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I'll tell you how 5 went. Much better. I think I am onto cracking the code. I think I'm going to roll with 6 tomorrow.

My first shave I did at 3 and realized that my chin was a bit cleaner than with the 5 today. So I cranked it down to 1 and did more ATG buffing. ATG at 5 is too likely to bite so I actually ended up with a less closer shave with a 3 the day before.

in other words single WTG with 5 gets me closer than a single WTG with 3, but follow each up with an ATG with keeping the blade set at the WTG setting and a two pass 3 beats a two pass 5.

So tomorrow, it's going to be a two pass. WTG 6, ATG 1.

Top Bottom