What's new

New Supply Co. Blades Rusting in Mint Condition Schick Type M

Rich, m' man, you're way over thinking it. There is no problem.

A few grains of rust won't harm you. A tiny bit of rust might even benefit you if you're iron deficient. I don't believe you'll ever find a documented case of a human shaver sickening or dying because of a modicum of rust deep in the bowels of some razor. Just load the blade and SHAVE.

Every time you load (with the key) a blade into an injector razor the sliding action has a self-cleaning effect on the blade chamber. That's all the interior cleaning it needs, assuming you rinse the razor after each shave. Google around for the factory instructions for Schick injector Razor. I have 'em, and they make no mention of your concerns about rust and health.

I've used Schick Injector razors off and on since 1957 with zero health problems.

BTW how do you feel about a cast iron skillet that might occasionally pick up a smidgeon of rust if it was not thoroughly dried?
I know what you are saying. But I have never had a blade rust in my life, and for most of my life I just shook the razor dry. I dont pamper razors.
And I have been told in this thread that it is not rust, but that the finish or seal or whatever it is called has worn off the razor. So the brass is reacting to the stainless steel blade. But the razor isnt the color of brass. I googled brass thinking I was ignorant but I am not because brass has the color of what people call... brass, because it has copper in it.

And to repeat myself again, when I received this razor one week ago it looked like someone stepped into a time machine and just bought it, though there was no box. After a week of using it, it already does not look as mint as one week ago. It showed no signs of use at all when I received it.

And I have read tons of posts here and on other forums and no one has mentioned any issues like this about injector razors. And people rave about the early models from the 30s that are actually the color of brass and definitely are brass. And a seasoned veteran who has used injectors for 50 years has told me he never had an issue like I am having.

So I am just puzzled and am starting to think that the Supply blades are to blame. They havent gotten these marks in the Supply Razor. Maybe they are coated with something designed especially for the Supply razor, and they react badly to whatever the Type M is made of.

I received Chicks in the mail today. I will try them but I just loaded a fresh Supply blade and I have been going through them like candy the past week and dont want to toss yet another one before I have even used it.

So in conclusion, I am not afraid of rust since I googled what you suggested and my razor is not outside in the dirt collecting bacteria. And again it is not rust. And the alcohol is preventing the marks it seems. It is just frustrating not knowing what is really going on and which component is the culprit and not knowing what the heck this friggin razor is actually made of. :biggrin1:

Thanks to you and the others and I know you are all helping me out.

I know what you are saying. But I have never had a blade rust in my life, and for most of my life I just shook the razor dry. I dont pamper razors.
And I have been told in this thread that it is not rust, but that the finish or seal or whatever it is called has worn off the razor. So the brass is reacting to the stainless steel blade. But the razor isnt the color of brass. I googled brass thinking I was ignorant but I am not because brass has the color of what people call... brass, because it has copper in it.

And to repeat myself again, when I received this razor one week ago it looked like someone stepped into a time machine and just bought it, though there was no box. After a week of using it, it already does not look as mint as one week ago. It showed no signs of use at all when I received it.

And I have read tons of posts here and on other forums and no one has mentioned any issues like this about injector razors. And people rave about the early models from the 30s that are actually the color of brass and definitely are brass. And a seasoned veteran who has used injectors for 50 years has told me he never had an issue like I am having.

So I am just puzzled and am starting to think that the Supply blades are to blame. They havent gotten these marks in the Supply Razor. Maybe they are coated with something designed especially for the Supply razor, and they react badly to whatever the Type M is made of.

I received Chicks in the mail today. I will try them but I just loaded a fresh Supply blade and I have been going through them like candy the past week and dont want to toss yet another one before I have even used it.

So in conclusion, I am not afraid of rust since I googled what you suggested and my razor is not outside in the dirt collecting bacteria. And again it is not rust. And the alcohol is preventing the marks it seems. It is just frustrating not knowing what is really going on and which component is the culprit and not knowing what the heck this friggin razor is actually made of. :biggrin1:

Thanks to you and the others and I know you are all helping me out.
You should be pleased with the made in China Schick Injector blades. They are durable. I get 12 to 15 shaves on one, and my whiskers are tough. They are sharp and efficient. They are the only injector blade I would consider using.

Top Bottom