What's new

New Suehiro 20K

The whole point here is. Stubbletrouble walked into a meet on a Sunday morning. Honed a razor with guidance that day(he did the work now), took it home and shaved with it! Did another one and SAME great edge... and then again! So this is a testament to the ease of the stones finishing qualities. One day and hes honing. Is it the BEST of the best? I dont know, I havent tried them all. Is it a great shave ready edge? YES! Are there better edges? YES! But this is only the beginning. ONE DAY with us and he did it and is repeating it. It is ONLY the beginning but I think our friend is satisfied with his progress as we all are.

The whole point here is. Stubbletrouble walked into a meet on a Sunday morning. Honed a razor with guidance that day(he did the work now), took it home and shaved with it! Did another one and SAME great edge... and then again! So this is a testament to the ease of the stones finishing qualities.

Absolutely! That said, I haven't tried the 15K without the 20K, but fat chance that's gonna happen as long as natural finishes aren't incorporated!

It is ONLY the beginning but I think our friend is satisfied with his progress as we all are.

Extremely so, and I couldn't have done it so quickly without your help. :thumbup:

Sorry I missed that Sunday buca. In hindsight the women wasn't worth missing the meet and you guys would have had good coffee :) Those get togethers are the reason I'm capable of honing at all so its highly recommended.

I like my Suehiro G. 20K. It's easy to use and the edges are comparable to great natural finishers (Jnat, coti, Escher...). I could care less about the "feel" of the stone during honing. End results are more important.

I like my Suehiro G. 20K. It's easy to use and the edges are comparable to great natural finishers (Jnat, coti, Escher...). I could care less about the "feel" of the stone during honing. End results are more important.

I agree and I really don't get the "feel" thing. It's a 0.5 micron stone. It should feel like an extremely smooth stone and it does.

Top Bottom