What's new

New stuff

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
My new, cheap fly rod and reel arrived today. That should give me many, many hours of frustration.

Dang...I need to make the wife paint the deck railing again.

DSC_0005 (2).JPG

DSC_0004 (2).JPG

I predict this will be fun. Casting is about timing. Note that you can put real bait on a hook, if desire, like a piece of earthworm.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I think I'm starting to get this down. Took it out in the backyard for the first time a bit ago...I seemed to do well on loading the rod. But...since I'm used to bass fishing I forgot to take my finger off the line I had stripped out on the back cast a couple of times and it didn't feed out any line. :biggrin1:

It will just take a bit more practice, but I think I'll do well enough for a rank beginner. The trout river at Broken Bow is only about 45 minutes away, and they now have a one day non resident Oklahoma fishing license for $15.

:a47: OH NO HE DI-INT!

Well. Enjoy the fishing ... before you have to paint that deck railing

I'd be certain to hook my own ear or back with that rig ... trees are a given. Fish, a distant possibility.

AA

Yup, that's me. That's why I didn't put a fly on it awhile ago...just used the weight of the line. I hate getting hooked.

I've caught a bunch of tree bass.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Getting a fly rod is bad for keeping up with home maintenance! You should see my deck railing!
Good luck with the casting- Like anything, practice is the key. Looking forward to seeing some trout pictures!
Looks like a good selection of flies as well.

Top Bottom