What's new

New Stuff from Musgo Real

Just finished an e-mail chat with Charles and I was pleased to learn that Musgo Real has three new colognes to accompany their wonderful after shave:
  • The first is called "No. 1 Orange Amber" : mandarin orange, spicy bergamot and hints of amber and musk.
  • The second is called "No. 2 Oak Moss" : woodsy oak moss is combined with a hint of green leaves and freshly mown hay.
  • The third is called "No. 3 Spiced Citrus" : wood spices, coriander and verbena mixed with lime and other spices.
The after shave is now packaged in the same style as the colognes, i.e. this means it no longer comes in the handsome "cork" box.

i saw those and got excited! i'm a huge fan of their traditional aftershave (scent-wise as well as performance) and am eager to get a sniff of these, especially 1 and 3.

as for no. 2, moss and hay sounds kind of strange. they should complement the cologne with a 'dirt and gravel' aftershave.

Greetings Gents,
Today I tried a sample of "No. 1 Orange Amber."
Really very exciting. The top notes came on REALLY STRONG!:w00t: I thought I just fell into a bin full of mandarin, navel, valencia, and blood oranges! What a wild ride to dry-down! The heart and base notes are really very warm with the amber and musk coming into their own and blending with the bergmot. Even though not advertised, I could have sworn I got a taste of neroli in there somewhere. :001_tt1:

guenron said:
Greetings Gents,
Today I tried a sample of "No. 1 Orange Amber."
Really very exciting. The top notes came on REALLY STRONG!:w00t: I thought I just fell into a bin full of mandarin, navel, valencia, and blood oranges! What a wild ride to dry-down! The heart and base notes are really very warm with the amber and musk coming into their own and blending with the bergmot. Even though not advertised, I could have sworn I got a taste of neroli in there somewhere. :001_tt1:
Sounds like you need to pick up a Wild Orange shave stick to get the layering right, Ron....:cool:

Scotto said:
Sounds like you need to pick up a Wild Orange shave stick to get the layering right, Ron....:cool:
Not to worry, that's in the pending shipment box at QED..:wink1:

Day two and fragrance two. Today was "No. 2 Oak Moss." What a really pleasant scent. The high notes are unmistakably the sweet fragrance of freshly mown hay near the end of the summer! After a bit of dry down, the woodsy oak moss and herben fragrance of green leaves provides an interesting, almost fougierre-like fragrance. Very, very pleasant. A SWMBO turn-on:tongue_sm !

Day three and something really different! At first the top notes evoked candied apples or cotton candy. After the dry-down No. 3 Spiced Citrus comes on with some wild woodsy scents with coriander coming through for a really pleasant winter fragrance.
Now, which to buy?

guenron said:
Day three and something really different! At first the top notes evoked candied apples or cotton candy. After the dry-down No. 3 Spiced Citrus comes on with some wild woodsy scents with coriander coming through for a really pleasant winter fragrance.
Now, which to buy?
Oh, come on. You know the answer to that....:001_tt1:

Charles at QED packed a "scent strip" of the Musgo #2 in my latest order. I must say that I LOVE the scent. Can any of you gents who've tried this cologne give any input as to it's staying power?

HlSheppard said:
Charles at QED packed a "scent strip" of the Musgo #2 in my latest order. I must say that I LOVE the scent. Can any of you gents who've tried this cologne give any input as to it's staying power?
Yes, on my hairy arms and chest from 6:30AM till about 5:00PM.. About one or two hours less on none hirsute loci!:scared: (Seeing a doc about loci relief:glare: )

GREAT - now I have to get the idea of your hairy arms and chest out of my head!!!

What is this? Brokeback Mountain?!?! :yikes: :prrr:

I got a sample of it, and am planning on wearing it tomorrow. It smells the best of the three, IMO.

Edit: Ron's hairy arms.... Must. get. thought. out. of. head....:18:

I find that I get two or three hours more scent on the (Political commentary off) bushy areas.. So ride that cowboy.:a24:

Top Bottom