What's new

New storage cabinet

My wife and I hit a couple of flea markets today. No razors but I did find some Avon, a nice vintage Art Deco wall clock, and this cabinet mid '40s dentist cabinet.

My wife actually spotted it first, when she saw how much I liked it, she pulled the tag off and went up front to pay before I talked myself out of it. My wife's an enabler and I'm a lucky guy.

I've been looking for a vintage wooden cabinet to store some razors in but when I saw this one, I knew it was the one. I love Art Deco and this thing is solid, it probably weighs close to 200 pounds, it'll probably last longer than my razors.

Just got home with it and took a quick picture, can't wait to start filling it up. Thanks for looking.

20180909_163136.jpg

Thanks.

Mlee, a new washer? You are a romantic! Toss in a steam iron, you little devil.
And don't forget the laundry soap too, she'll want to have that also.

Tisk...tisk.

:lol:

Well, we've been married for 20 years and I still take my her out to dinner a couple of times a week, bring her flowers for no reason, and I took her to Paris last March. I think we still have a pretty good thing going. :thumbup1:

Oh, I probably will pick up some laundry soap also. :001_302:

My wife and I hit a couple of flea markets today. No razors but I did find some Avon, a nice vintage Art Deco wall clock, and this cabinet mid '40s dentist cabinet.

My wife actually spotted it first, when she saw how much I liked it, she pulled the tag off and went up front to pay before I talked myself out of it. My wife's an enabler and I'm a lucky guy.

I've been looking for a vintage wooden cabinet to store some razors in but when I saw this one, I knew it was the one. I love Art Deco and this thing is solid, it probably weighs close to 200 pounds, it'll probably last longer than my razors.

Just got home with it and took a quick picture, can't wait to start filling it up. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 911180

WOW, super score Mike - and the cabinet is awesome too! :clap:

Do show us some more pics, with drawers open etc. Wonderful art deco piece!!

WOW, super score Mike - and the cabinet is awesome too! :clap:

Do show us some more pics, with drawers open etc. Wonderful art deco piece!!

Thank you Peter. After seeing your beautiful cabinet, I've been obsessed to find one myself, and as I'm sure you already know they can get pricey, but when I saw this one I thought it would be perfect. At first I thought it was all metal but when I started cleaning it up, I discovered that it is actually solid wood with enamel coating, the only parts that are metal are the inside of the drawers and the top.

I've been working on it in the evenings, I'll try to get some pictures tonight on my progress.

Ok, here's some pictures as it is right now, it be different tomorrow though, my OCD is flaring up. :wacko:

This is just the non cased DEs, those will be going in a separate display.
2018-09-12 18.55.08.jpg

2018-09-12 18.55.26.jpg

2018-09-12 18.55.42.jpg

2018-09-12 18.56.03.jpg

These didn't make it, so I'm going to clean them and probably give them as Christmas presents.
2018-09-12 19.12.07.jpg

Top Bottom