What's new

NEW STICK FROM TURKEY

I love this stuff. $22 shipped!

74ACCAB0-ED01-4AA1-90A1-D47173ABD92F.jpeg

I just used this. I'm such an ingrate! Review to follow. I'm passing at least 2 kidney stones, on vacation! Lol, I should have said one out of each kidney! That's NEVER happened to me before. I do it right when I try for new personal records, lol!
Ouch. I have been there. I don't have any tips. Other than go to the ER and get a painkiller.
Grin and Bear it. All things shall pass.

It's thick, slick, and lathery.
Smells like soap. About the same scent as the Arko! or Derby's I've got. Not as strong as Arko!, I had to put the Arko! in a sealed tub.
It's fresh with what looks late winter 5 2 23 date stamp. Soft at room temperature, or at least it shredded just as easy as cheese. Beat the heck out of it with my boar brush and the bowl still looks the same.
My shaves with it have been good. It doesn't smell like anything afterward, so you can go as is or put on any aftershave.
Can't say it shaves any better or worse than Arko! or Derby.

When I see that wrapper, the scene that comes to mind is of a wife, before going to the market, asking her husband if he needs anything. He asks for the soap stick with the image of a smiling guy with a face full of shaving cream. Then at the market the wife is in front of this soap and Arko and not sure which to get.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
When I see that wrapper, the scene that comes to mind is of a wife, before going to the market, asking her husband if he needs anything. He asks for the soap stick with the image of a smiling guy with a face full of shaving cream. Then at the market the wife is in front of this soap and Arko and not sure which to get.
You paint a perfect picture my friend!

I used it again the other day. I'm getting closer to figuring out the differences between it and Arko.

The last time I used it I think it smelled like Arko with a tiny bit of cherry scent mixed in....

My wife loves the smell of Arko, and the other day I was using this soap and the lovely War Department piped up, "what is THAT stuff? Yuck."

So there ya go.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Bizarro-superfriends1.jpg

If you think this is Superman...look closer.

You see where I'm going with this?!!!

Over 4 months and 62 posts and no one has posted what the soap is like!
Maybe we need to rename this thread "Not really the 'A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent' Thread" thread.
I have , and a few others as well.. It is IMHO the best of the Turkish sticks . It is the most moisturizing , whereas Turkish sticks are usually very drying on the skin. The scent is in the traditional white laundry powder scent , but with a touch of industrial limonene . Very good lather .

For some odd reason I always thought, for a good review, the ingredients list must be presented. On top.
Oh well. My search skills didn't help so I cannot reveal this secret. Secret? Is it a secret?
Why is everyone so excited for the picture of a lathered face? And yet, no ingredients list. Weird.

Shaved with it this morning, my reactions similar to those above, excellent lather, similar scent to Arko.
Seemed a bit 'strong' in terms of alkalinity to me.
Good after-feel.
Interesting that paraffin is listed in ingredients!
I might follow TOVT's idea and transfer to a small jar or tin.
And, an amazing number of stamps on the packaging, covered all sides!!

proxy.php

HUGE PIF TO FOLLOW IN SEPARATE THREAD!!
(NEED TO CLEAR OUT SOME OF THIS STUFF!!)

We are getting close to a good review. All is missing is the translation of the label, especially the ikaz part.

A call to all members that know Turkish. Please.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Shaved with Jikoryen tonight for the first time. I picked up the paraffin scent right away, before I looked at the ingredients. It’s a strong and different scent but I must admit, it’s grew on me. I really like this stuff, the lather whips up fast and it loves water. Provides a padded slick lather, with plenty of residual slickness. This soap will stay in the rotation. To be completely honest, I have never tried Arko. I am headed to Amazon now to get a 3 pack of Arko, if it’s anything like Jikoryen, I will love it.

Shaved with Jikoryen tonight for the first time. I picked up the paraffin scent right away, before I looked at the ingredients. It’s a strong and different scent but I must admit, it’s grew on me. I really like this stuff, the lather whips up fast and it loves water. Provides a padded slick lather, with plenty of residual slickness. This soap will stay in the rotation. To be completely honest, I have never tried Arko. I am headed to Amazon now to get a 3 pack of Arko, if it’s anything like Jikoryen, I will love it.
You can only hope that you love the smell, as it is a love-hate type of thing (I am on the hate side and the Jikoryen was too close for my liking.)

Top Bottom