What's new

New standard value

I know, I'm asking for another price. No, I'm not a pro reseller.
Yes, I am addicted to getting new stuff and therefore always want to get rid of my old stuff.
Anyways, on to my question. I have a new standard (basically a gold bostonian, right? That's what I have at least, a gold bostonian) that is somwhere around Very Good to Excellent. It's totally shiny. It's only flaws are small scratches and scuffs. A few very small dings. A little bit of plating gone on the inside tube. I have it with a VERY beat up case. The sign that says "New Standard" is intact but has fallen off. The rest is gutted and waiting for restoration.
How much is this worth (in money or in value of trade items)?
Thanks

Nope. It's a new standard. It has that new standard end knob as opposed to the aristocrat end knob

My New Standard and Bostonian have the exact same razor detail. However both my razors are the silver versions. I don't know what value yours has though as both the razor and case I have are in excellent condition.

Len

I have two different end knobs on my new improveds, one looks very similar to the handle pattern, the other has a more detailed pattern. Not sure if one is rarer than the other.

My New Standard and Bostonian have the exact same razor detail. However both my razors are the silver versions. I don't know what value yours has though as both the razor and case I have are in excellent condition.

Len

Oops, I'm wrong. Now I know I need new glasses. While the long handle detail of both razors is the same the ends are different. The New Standard end detail matches the longer handle detail. The end of the Bostonian (and the Richwood) have the end in a diamond pattern.

Len

If the pattern at the knob is the same as the handle, it's a new improved aristocrat.
New Standards are the same as Bostonians. They supposedly dont have patent info at the bottom of the handle but mine does

If the pattern at the knob is the same as the handle, it's a new improved aristocrat.
New Standards are the same as Bostonians. They supposedly dont have patent info at the bottom of the handle but mine does

My New Standard is then the same as an Aristocrat except it's silver and in the New Standard case. I have a feeling there's a few mix and match variants out there. Hey, maybe my New Standard just increased in value. :tongue_sm It doesn't matter though because I never sell my razors. :frown: I guess I'm just a pack rat like Guido. But I display all my extras. Maybe I could open a razor museum. No that wouldn't work because I don't have a Double Ring. Oh well I guess it's time to find some more razors.

Len

Top Bottom