What's new

New Stainless Steel Razor (Ds Cosmetic and Yaqi)

Has anyone tried these new razors from DS Cosmetic and Yaqi?

One looks similar to the Razorock Wunderbar and the other looks like a Henson.

henson.png

wunderbar.png

Yaqi Henson

Ds Xt Wunderbar

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I have bought other styles of Dscosmetic (DS-X1) as my travel razor, and also bought their titanium handles to supplement my warehouse.
IMHO, their processing ability is not as good as razorock grade, but the price cannot be much cheaper than rr
1.The processing traces in the cap are obvious.
2.The ridge line of the base plate is relatively unclear.
3.Excessive polishing of the handle affects the grip.
4. A large amount of milling residue remains in the handle screw.
5.One of the titanium handles could not even be installed on the dscosmetic head of the same brand.
(Fortunately, I have tools to re-tap.)

Although the shaving effect is not bad, but the detail experience loses a lot of points.
I will put them in the "don't have to be sad for loss" travel items, but they will not be included in the official collection list.
243983848_4491393047566230_4647518623105937040_n.jpg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I have the XT coming.

I have a Henson Medium and while it is a truly superb and efficient design, it is just too mild for me. I need some more blade feel to be happy. Best razor I didn't like, kinda. But for some this SS head might be an alternative. Henson themselves only offer aluminum or titanium, they seem to be firmly in the "light razor" design camp.

They copied many RazoRock heads in particular. I have the mentioned dual head from above, it is EXTREMELY mild to the point of being unusable for me.

But their Z0 R41 clone and their Game Changer .84 clone, the S9, that one is very good, perhaps even a bit more aggressive than the original, which I liked.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I need some more blade feel to be happy.
You could try a Kai SS blade that is wider than a standard Gillette Astra SP by 4.5/1000 of a inch per side. I like using the Kai blade in my milder razors, it seems to give a bump up in efficentcy and aggression. Good to have a tuck or 2 for mild razors.
The blade is sharp and smooth with excellent longevity I have experienced.
YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide.jpg
Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm sure Henson will be introducing the stainless steel version soon to beat off the competition.

I have the Dscosmetic Z0 and its beautiful shaves like the 2011 R41. Just got in the Dscosmetic S9 in full brass. Very impressed with the shave. Great build quality for both. I changed handles with the brass razor adding the CG twin helix. I saw the new slant buts its too expensive. They want $130 includes added VAT. Way out of line price wise with the other offerings.
IMG_0847.JPG
Dscosmetic S9 Twin Helix hdl.JPG

Nothing really to add, but just wanted to note that the Winning Razor isn't that much more than the Yaqi Henson knockoff. It comes with a handle, is USA made, and probably much better tolerances and quality. I love my Winning Razor.

My experience with Yaqi ZAMAK razors is that they are good razors, but not nearly as good of a quality as what they copy.

I have bought other styles of Dscosmetic (DS-X1) as my travel razor, and also bought their titanium handles to supplement my warehouse.
IMHO, their processing ability is not as good as razorock grade, but the price cannot be much cheaper than rr
1.The processing traces in the cap are obvious.
2.The ridge line of the base plate is relatively unclear.
3.Excessive polishing of the handle affects the grip.
4. A large amount of milling residue remains in the handle screw.
5.One of the titanium handles could not even be installed on the dscosmetic head of the same brand.
(Fortunately, I have tools to re-tap.)

Although the shaving effect is not bad, but the detail experience loses a lot of points.
I will put them in the "don't have to be sad for loss" travel items, but they will not be included in the official collection list.
View attachment 1356268
Yeh but apart from all that.🤪

I bought the Yaqui Tile and the DS Cosmetics Z0 and they are a treat to use. No issues with tolerances and off course for the price range, I wasn't expecting jewel level polishing, so no issue with the expected machining look either

I've been eyeing off the Dscosmetic S9, as a potential RR GC alternative. Here in Australia, to get any of the RR offerings, it unfortunately isn't cost effective, as we're not getting them anywhere near the $59 USD pricetag.

I have the Dscosmetic Z0 v2. It's superbly finished, and of very high standard. However, it's just that bit too aggressive/efficient for me; it's much more aggressive/efficient than my zamak r41 .. it's by far my most aggressive razor.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I purchased the DSCosmetic Z.0 V2 razor head. I've shaved with it twice. It shaves as close as my Wolfman razors, WR1 and WR2, but it's nowhere near the comfort level of the Wolfman razors. It's an aggresive razor and I have to be careful when shaving with it. I like it though...super close shave.

Top Bottom