What's new

New SR 3318

Awaiting for me this afternoon was this little cutie. That Charles is just the best! The lather it produced was like a wipped cream can exploding! :drool:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This handle is different than Boogie has. This is the 3318. Boogie has the 3118. Whatever they are, they are not helping my SBAD. :rolleyes:

Very Nice.

What's the black one in the second picture?

It's a Shavemac in a black/brown swirl pattern. I am pretty sure it is in finest (bought it from a fellow B&Ber). Nice stiffer feel to it. Great with soaps. It has about a 21mm knot. Johnnie, the "33" base is real nice!

Paul,
Great looking brush, I have the 3118 and love it, did'nt know the 18mm SRs came in different handle options. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Happy Shaving

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
It's a Shavemac in a black/brown swirl pattern. I am pretty sure it is in finest (bought it from a fellow B&Ber). Nice stiffer feel to it. Great with soaps. It has about a 21mm knot. Johnnie, the "33" base is real nice!

You're telling me. Why do you think I keep revisiting this thread? :001_tt1:

Must be strong, must resist.... getting weak

Paul,
Great looking brush, I have the 3118 and love it, did'nt know the 18mm SRs came in different handle options. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Happy Shaving

To escape the vagaries of the WEB SITE from H E double hockey sticks, this thread was an attempt to gather together the information available at the time on Savile Row Silvertips.. Somewhere down in the bottom of the thread was this post identifying the diminutive SR silvertips.. Good luck!

The 33 base caught my eye a while back, but I think it was from a pic of the 3330. It is on my list when the next round of SBAD hits.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
To escape the vagaries of the WEB SITE from H E double hockey sticks, this thread was an attempt to gather together the information available at the time on Savile Row Silvertips.. Somewhere down in the bottom of the thread was this post identifying the diminutive SR silvertips.. Good luck!

I can't tell you how many times I have referred to this great post by Ron. This needs to be made readily available for future reference.

I can't tell you how many times I have referred to this great post by Ron. This needs to be made readily available for future reference.

Actually, Charles needs to get his web site up to snuff.. Everytime I speak with him I relate these difficulties ot him.. :crying:

Actually, Charles needs to get his web site up to snuff.. Everytime I speak with him I relate these difficulties ot him.. :crying:

While e-mailing w/Charles, it sounds like he is working on a new site now. The SR 3318 was a real pleasure to shave with. Being my first silvertip and not knowing what to expect, it was everything I was hoping for. Precise, soft and firm at the same time. The Badger is an amazing animal.

Paul, as a recent recipient of a 3118 I can certainly attest to the greatness of the Savile Row brushes. They truly are fantastic little buggers. But I have to say, I love that handle, I think even more so then the "31" series. Looks like you made a great choice on this brush.

Clay, I give my thanks to the designer and the lathe operator. Both the 31 & 33 handles are good finger "positioners". My first choice was a 37 handle but was informed by Charles it comes in a 22mm knot. Hmmm, now how do I slip that under the SWMBO radar :biggrin: :biggrin: SBAD is good, (repeat). Enjoy that 3118 Clay, the grip is classic!

Top Bottom