What's new

New Speick Shaving Sticks in a twist storage tube.

Bravo! And they kept the price low, too.

Finally, we see a product where "New and Improved" really is.

Can't wait for it to hit the U.S.

One of those simple changes that makes you wonder why did they not do it sooner!

+1 ... the packaging is the weak point in every shaving stick that I have. None of the brands seem to care about the holder. LaToja, Palmolive, Erasmic, etc. all use that same cheap little plastic thing at the bottom and let the rest of it go to hell. Arko is the worst of them all, and its my current favorite out of all my sticks.

The only company that does their stick right is Tabac, but I don't have one of those. When it comes time to re-order, I'm definitely getting the stick version, though.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Is the formula the same than the previous non-twist-container Speick Stick?

the packaging is the weak point in every shaving stick that I have. None of the brands seem to care about the holder. They all use that same cheap little plastic thing at the bottom and let the rest of it go to hell. Arko is the worst of them all, and its my current favorite out of all my sticks.

Most sticks really don't come with anything other than a small plastic cap to hold it with. The stick ends up falling out most of the time. You really can't hold it firmly with the little cap. This is the way all sticks should be. The only other ones I know of is Tabac and Mystic Water.

It has just come to my attention on another thread that it looks like they just put the same shave stick into a plastic container instead of a paper box. You can see the foil wrapper if you look close. While that is still nice, it is not such a big deal as I first thought.

Not sure but you may be looking at Speick's intended product and the "refill" for it.

Tabac stick does come those two ways.

Last edited:
Looking at it closer, I don't think the stick twists up. It appears to be a reusable container, and that is what is specified in the ad-copy.

Those spirals at the bottom look like they might be vent holes to aid in drying, and there is probably another vent hole at the top. If not, you can easily add one.

Still, its a big improvement over what it came in before. I'm wondering if there is a source for ordering unlabeled containers like that? I'd be glad to put all my shave sticks in something like that, whether it twists up or not.

Top Bottom