What's new

INFO! New software bugs and questions / update

The time allotted to edit one's post was 45 minutes, prior to any new changes.
I thought that was a reasonable amount of time and used it to its limit on more than one occasion.
If it's 15 minutes now, I feel that's insufficient...unnecessarily short.
True, most editing occurs during a proof-read of the post, but often times I've come back to change or add something based on reading related material in the same forum or elsewhere on the site, or conducting related research shortly after posting.

Jim

The 15 min edit window has been standard on B&B for a decade, only after the upgrade was it unintentionally changed.

Saxonbowman

Ambassador
It's still there, it's just in a dropdown menu now. Click the search icon and then right on the pop-up, top right, is the dropdown
I just see the advanced search button when I click on the search icon. I don't get any dropdowns. They used to show up when you entered search information, but they are gone for me now.

Toothpick

I just see the advanced search button when I click on the search icon. I don't get any dropdowns. They used to show up when you entered search information, but they are gone for me now.
Are you on mobile? It should look something like this.

When you click Search it will bring up a box. Click Everywhere will bring up a menu.
From there you can select forum, thread, etc.

if this is not what you see posting a screenshot of what you do see will help us navigate you to the right place.

4FC485F7-CE8C-4E23-84EE-ADBB92BEB9B7.jpeg

62FEEF09-F3AA-4D54-B348-E3E5F8F4AEDF.jpeg

Saxonbowman

Ambassador
Are you on mobile? It should look something like this.

When you click Search it will bring up a box. Click Everywhere will bring up a menu.
From there you can select forum, thread, etc.

if this is not what you see posting a screenshot of what you do see will help us navigate you to the right place.

View attachment 1030685

View attachment 1030686
I just checked and that dropdown does show up on mobile and on the iPad but does not show up on the desktop version in full screen mode. I can get it to show up if I shrink the screen.

Toothpick

This just happened yesterday. I've checked all settings in preferences, deleted cookies, checked my email account in both my email client, Windows Live Mail, and web based Hotmail. I have no alerts or emails from B&B in either and nothing in my Junk Mail folders.

Push notifications are enabled, but deselected.

It's like my alerts arent being sent. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
I'm guessing that it's as a result of the recent upgrade. I'm not receiving email notifications either.
I have unchecked all the e-mail options several times and I keep getting the e-mail alerts. When I go back in to my settings they are all checked off again ???
We are looking in to this. Thanks for your patience

ackvil

On my desktop when I click search and then advanced search I get this:

1572542857635.png

On the desktop there is no "hamburger" on the left next to Badger & Blade.

If you then go over and click search threads this is what I get:
1572543581601.png
1572543612348.png

Last edited:
SUGGESTION: In addition to Report, Quote, and Reply input/response options, couldn't and/or shouldn't we have a simple "Like" option for acknowledging a given posting without it adding a new post line in the thread sequence. Most current social media platforms make efficient and appropriate use of a general "LIKE" feature. Furthermore, the relative number of "likes" draws attention to postings that may very well be of greater interest, thereby promoting further involvement and discussion.... I am just curious as to whether B&B has considered this or not.

RumpleBearskin

Contributor
Great job on the upgrade. Really loving it.

Is there a possibility that the @ mentions aren't producing the alerts that they use to?

I used one in a Conversation, and the person mentioned that they only got the "Conversation" notice, not an "alert". I suggested that maybe Conversations "auto-alerted", but they said they were not getting alerts from mentions in the normal forum threads.

Thanks.

Saxonbowman

Ambassador
The search dropdown is appearing in the desktop version now, as long as you are in a thread or a subforum. Thanks for fixing this!

REV579

Contributor
When I select "New Posts," this option is still including sections I would like to, and have selected to ignore. Is this going to be something that can be addressed or is it something that is outside of the scope of this forum build and structure?

SpecialK

I have already contacted the developer of that add-on, and they stated that it's a bug with the current release and will be fixed with the next release. So, soon(ish).

REV579

Contributor
Thanks. Wanted to double check whether it was a “go”, a “no-go”, or a “not yet, but in progress”

SpecialK

I actually installed an update to that add-on right after I wrote that post. I dunno if it fixed that issue or not though.

Alacrity59

Moderator Emeritus
Kevin et the gang.

This has to have been the smoothest upgrade ever. Well done. :ouch1: (glad this smiley is closer to the top too).

I'm not sure why, but after the upgrade - I have some forums that are ordered differently. I can fix them by updating the FILTERS for that forum so I can display things in the order that I want them to display (which is in LAST POST - DESCENDING order).

My problem is that I have to change the filter every time I come into that forum - I'm sure I must be doing something wrong and there has to be a spot to change this once that changes it permanently, but to this point I have not had much luck in finding it.

What am I doing wrong?