• Hey Guest. We are currently doing lots and lots of work on the forum software. Please be patient while the kinks are worked out.

Thanks!

INFO! New software bugs and questions / update

TexLaw

Contributor
Is there a way to adjust the display font for subjects and messages? That's become very tiny in my mobile (to the point where I really can't read for long without my cheaters, or I start getting a headache). There were no such issues with the old software.

Great update, overall. This really is the only issue I've encountered.

SpecialK

Javascript has been required / recommended for years here. The interface may keep working without, but it isn't going to be a super pleasant experience.

REV579

Contributor
Javascript has been required / recommended for years here. The interface may keep working without, but it isn't going to be a super pleasant experience.
Thanks for the clarification. I am getting pop-ups, that are not "pop-ups", on a local newspaper website, so the only way for me to disable that on my iphone is to disable Java Script. It also seems to be a performance leech, but that is probably due to not "signing in".

HDSledge

Contributor
I am not getting any email notifications on posts. Today I started a PIF and made several posts but have received no notice of replies. Anyone know what is going on? I had similar problems before the update but now it is like a total blackout of communication.

Thanks.

SpecialK

I can see in the server mail logs lots of emails headed out to you, and Gmail accepting them on their end. Unfortunately, once they're accepted, it's out of my hands and I can't see what happens to them. Have you checked your spam folder?

HDSledge

Contributor
I can see in the server mail logs lots of emails headed out to you, and Gmail accepting them on their end. Unfortunately, once they're accepted, it's out of my hands and I can't see what happens to them. Have you checked your spam folder?
That is weird, I got a couple of notifications earlier today but none of the recent ones to watched threads. I didn't get a notification for your post above either. Checked spam folder and none in there. If the earlier ones today showed up the most recent should have too. Getting notifications from other forums ok. I guess till we figure it out I'll have to log in periodically to check.

Going to reset the subscribe on this page. Please post tomorrow and we can see if I get it.

I also created a new filter in Gmail to make sure nothing from here goes spam.

Last edited:

HDSledge

Contributor
Think this is worth making a separate post out of. I figured out why I wasn't getting notifications. Gmail was designating them spam and I get so much they were pushed down to a couple pages away. I don't check spam ordinarily so didn't catch it. However I had B&B listed in the filter to make sure nothing goes to spam but it was somehow overridden.

This screenshot says that the email doesn't follow Gmail guidelines whatever the heck that means. Maybe something in the format? They decided it was spam, not me. Figures.

If it happens again I'll click the Report Not Spam button and maybe their algorithm will stop with the nonsense.

B&B Spam Designation.jpg