What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

INFO! New software bugs and questions / update

Jim

We have made good progress so far in sorting out the reported issues, tonight 9/29 we will be going offline for a few hours to complete the upgrade of the software.

Please use this thread to report anything that is amiss or any questions you may have.

Contributors- THANK YOU- for making this upgrade possible. We all appreciate your support.

Thank you all for you patience.

Jim

beginish

Moderator Emeritus
In the previous version, threads started by members that I have blocked did not show up in the thread list under the forum. They are now showing up again.

Toothpick

TACO HOUND
In the previous version, threads started by members that I have blocked did not show up in the thread list under the forum. They are now showing up again.
Silly question - are they still on your ignore list?

The threads in question - do they show as greyed out at all? Or any indication that they are from someone you are ignoring?

A screenshot would be helpful if you wish to send it via PM to myself or Kevin

bobmsp

Contributor
Off and on over the weekend, it appeared that you had implemented an option that I really like on other boards. If I go from a list of threads in a to a forum to a specific thread and then go back to the list (vs. reload the list) of threads, the one that I have read is automatically marked as read. The same thing happens when I go from my list of watched forums into a specific forum and then go back after I've read all of the unread threads in the forum.

I see that it has now been turned off. Is there any chance that this could be re-implemented? It makes my reading much easier.

Noticed this morning that an old thread that I ha bookmarked can no longer be found - I hadn't used it since the forum changes, and can't locate it via search function either. It was an old thread that had a work around to use PayPal to print postage ..Sensible Tips to Saving Money on Shipping Through USPS http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Tips-to-Saving-Money-on-Shipping-Through-USPS

When I try the Bookmark, I get errors that B&B has made too many re-directs. Trying to get to it otherwise the forum says I don't have permission.

Has some of the history been deliberately scrubbed or lost?

beginish

Moderator Emeritus
Silly question - are they still on your ignore list?

The threads in question - do they show as greyed out at all? Or any indication that they are from someone you are ignoring?

A screenshot would be helpful if you wish to send it via PM to myself or Kevin
Yes, they are. The thread shows up as normal, and if I click on it, the tripe I have no interest in seeing is hidden and it says that I am ignoring that member. I'll send you the pic via PM.

SpecialK

Noticed this morning that an old thread that I ha bookmarked can no longer be found - I hadn't used it since the forum changes, and can't locate it via search function either. It was an old thread that had a work around to use PayPal to print postage ..Sensible Tips to Saving Money on Shipping Through USPS http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Tips-to-Saving-Money-on-Shipping-Through-USPS

When I try the Bookmark, I get errors that B&B has made too many re-directs. Trying to get to it otherwise the forum says I don't have permission.

Has some of the history been deliberately scrubbed or lost?
No, no old threads should have gone missing, unless they were in the old Panjo forum, which was deleted. I just took a quick glance, and it looks like that thread may have been in the Panjo node, but I'll do some more digging and try to get it restored for you.

Esox

I didnt know
Ambassador
I've noticed that when posting a link it shows on the forum as two parts divided by a hyphen. The usual phrase in front of the hyphen then followed by the complete URL after it.

For example: US $14.0 |Yaqi 24MM Sagrada Familia Black/White Tuxedo Synthetic Fibre Resin Handle Men Wet Shave Brushes-in Shaving Brush from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827664580.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.9.345c57a0IxhZlk

I know it can be edited but we all might start seeing some very long URL's being posted as members drop links to different things. Does that need to be edited manually or can it be set like it was before where the entire URL wasnt shown?

SpecialK

I can set it to whatever we want it to be. I just had a complaint that the URL wasn't visible, so I changed it so that the URL would be visible. I agree with you though, in that I'd much rather have the URL hidden behind the link, not right there in the text.

No, no old threads should have gone missing, unless they were in the old Panjo forum, which was deleted. I just took a quick glance, and it looks like that thread may have been in the Panjo node, but I'll do some more digging and try to get it restored for you.
Thanks Kevin, I finally noodled my way to get to where I wanted to go - that thread was ancient, not sure if from the Panjo experiment though, seems like it was older than that, I have used it alot ..

The login link on the main page seems to be broken. Trying to login tonight I got "file not found". I had to login via another page.

Chris

When I click on the 'log in' button on the top right hand corner (desktop), it takes
me to a white page that says FILE NOT FOUND

I have to click on 'forum' and then it leads me to the site where I can log in. This is on Mac Mojave Safari

nemo

Cheaper than ink
Moderator Emeritus
I'd also like to not see threads started by ignored members, please. There was a reason they made the list.

Jim

Doug,
Bob,
We have a question out to the software developers about totally blocking an ignored member. As it stands right now there is no functionality to change it from the current configuration.
Thanks for your patience.