What's new

New soap!

Stirling is fantastic soap, they have so many scents maybe try another one?

Cold River Soap Works is another great soap and doesn't get mentioned much. I prefer the Glide, even slicker than Grooming Dept and post shave is just as good. I like the scents better in the Select though and it's a top tier soap.

Have you tried any of the Italian soaps? I've been on a Euro kick and got a Boellis Panama. really enjoying this one, alot. Also have a Vito's block but haven't tried that yet. So many good soaps and only one face.

I understand the saffron scent is bit muted on this soap? For me scented soaps are big part of the shaving experience but with saffron it probably don't have to be screaming loud scent. Real Saffron scent can linger and intrigue without being loud. I am almost at pushing the buy button on Krokos but not sure if I should. After watching couple of top grade artisan soaps going rancid in really hot indian summer, I am leery of putting down as much money on Krokos if it is very soft. Only hard milled soaps seems to fare better in Indian weather.
The scent is not overpowering but definitely there. I have their aftershave as well, so that would be one way to enjoy the scent. And it certainly would be a shame if it spoils. I've not had that issue myself; I do always rinse off my soaps and leave them open for at least 24 hours to dry. Summers here are between 25 and 35 degrees Celsius, but I'm not sure how that compares to the Indian summers.

I've tried a ton of soaps. My regular rotation now is Stirling, B&M, PdP, L'Occitaine Cade, and Proraso.

There are other good soaps, but these are the ones that rose to the top for me. Someday I'll try Tabac--it seems like one of those soaps that we all need to try once.

Try any of those mentioned or try some Long Rifle soaps. I get a good
shave with any of the 40 soaps I have. They're all going to be good soaps,
kinda like splitting hairs to me

Ariana & Evans is a must try in my opinion. There are some wonderful original scents as well as some homages to well known fragrances from which to choose.

The soap performance is through the roof with slickness and post shave feel.

^^^This. A&E is fantastic. Murphy and McNeil is also very good.

Top Bottom