What's new

New Soap from Cella

This is a great and should I dare say better version than The original Cella...Slick, cushiony lather with a nice “outdoorsy” scent. Face feel after the shave is terrific, moisturized and hydrated.
Sounds exactly what I was hoping for. I'm excited for this soap:)

I second that.

I just got mine tonight and did a test lather: it’s very slick! I’m looking forward to my shave tomorrow with it.

How much product are you all using and how are you loading the brush? It’s really like a dense cream like Cyril L Salter but thicker than that and not really a croap at all. However, it’s thicker than a cream, and I would normally load a cream by sizing up an almond with my finger and then whipping in a bowl. With this, seems like an almond would be too much, so I should either go with less or brush load directly in the tub (with a fairly dry brush of course).

Feedback wanted:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, @Marco :thumbsup:
I do not like straight aloe vera scents. But this Cologne like scent would be ok for me, I guess.
It is a very interesting statement, one of the best shaving creams ever...
In this case, I will have to try it too.
I have tried 114 soaps and creams so far, and I take notes of each one. I have more here, waiting to be tested.

It smells a lot like the Proraso Azur Lime—citrus sandalwood behind it.

I like it, a little more citrusy than the Azur Lime which takes one on the direction of eau de cologne. It smells a lot like Terre de Hermès actually, which is citrus and sandalwood.

It does last for about an hour, but only the sandalwood part.

But, it is amazingly slick. And it can take a lot of water, which is great. Looking forward to shaving with it tomorrow.

One other thing, which you’ll all enjoy: while this cream is good, Cella needs to hire better proofreaders—this came in the box with the tub of cream:

proxy.php

;)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you, @Marco :thumbsup:
I do not like straight aloe vera scents. But this Cologne like scent would be ok for me, I guess.
It is a very interesting statement, one of the best shaving creams ever...
In this case, I will have to try it too.
I have tried 114 soaps and creams so far, and I take notes of each one. I have more here, waiting to be tested.

You're very welcome, Sir.

How much product are you all using and how are you loading the brush? It’s really like a dense cream like Cyril L Salter but thicker than that and not really a croap at all. However, it’s thicker than a cream, and I would normally load a cream by sizing up an almond with my finger and then whipping in a bowl.

Feedback wanted:)

I agree with this statement. It is thicker than a cream but not quite a croap either. I loaded it with my brush right from the tub. Worked out okay.

I tried the cream and AS today. Very nice shave on par with most high end creams. I'm not a frag head but I got a light jasmine/woody scent that was very pleasant, not overpowering and light enough to never clash with any cologne you decide to use.

I tried the cream and AS today. Very nice shave on par with most high end creams. I'm not a frag head but I got a light jasmine/woody scent that was very pleasant, not overpowering and light enough to never clash with any cologne you decide to use.

Yes, I used it today and I agree. It’s the slickest cream I’ve ever used except maybe Castle Forbes on a good day, but it’s a lot easier to dial in the water than Castle Forbes.

It’s slicker than Tabac by far, and maybe it’s even slicker than all the artisan soaps I’ve tried. The only thing the artisans seem to do better is post shave feel, but this is better post shave than Tabac (as in slight net positive instead of slight net negative) so it’s good enough it really doesn’t matter.

I also used the balm and lotion, and they are both outstanding. The balm may be the best I’ve ever used, it’s extremely mosturizing. The lotion smells like Terre d’Hermes, so it’s a winner. Fragrance lasted an hour or two and then subsided, so no reason you can’t apply a cologne or edt of any fragrance immediately.

For the money, this is the best cream/soap I’ve ever used. Performance wise, I think Marco is right and it’s top 3, but the one’s beating it cost double.

If the price drops any as the becomes more widely available, it’s the king.

No wonder Proraso is upping their game, they have to compete with this. What a great turn of events, the big makers are learning from the artisans and improving their product.

Hopefully the English creams will upgrade soon: I love the fragrances of Trumpers and Harris but it’s hard to justify using given the performance gap now with the Italians.

What an amazing scent this blue cella is. I love it. Scents are very subjective obviously, but this stuff is delicious .
I’m not great at describing scents. I wear boots to work. It’s a cologne smell. It smells like something I’ve smelled before. Aquatic maybe?
The rub is awesome. It seems very soft. I will be buying the AS of this she the sabbatical ends.

Just had another sniff. This stuff smells amazing.

My tub arrived yesterday. The scent is great and the performance is amazing. It's really easy to lather, holds plenty of water and provides excellent protection. It's slicker than anything I've used before.

I'm definitely getting the balm and AS!

It smells a lot like the Proraso Azur Lime—citrus sandalwood behind it.

I like it, a little more citrusy than the Azur Lime which takes one on the direction of eau de cologne. It smells a lot like Terre de Hermès actually, which is citrus and sandalwood.

It does last for about an hour, but only the sandalwood part.

But, it is amazingly slick. And it can take a lot of water, which is great. Looking forward to shaving with it tomorrow.

Are you talking about the Proraso Super formula or the Cella Bio line?

Top Bottom