What's new

New Soap for my B-Day

Been thinking of getting a new soap for a while. Maybe a smaller artisan company. I care more about slickness than cushion and a nice scent is a huge plus. Maybe something from CRSW or B&M. I also prefer tallow based soaps. Recommendations?

I have used a couple of B&M soaps and have really liked everything about them. I've liked my experience with them well enough that I will likely keep at least one of their products on-hand.

I keep seeing good reviews on WSP "T" soaps (their line w/ tallow), and they are on my short-list of soaps to try next. I have no idea how small/artisanal they are, though.

Happy (almost) Birthday...
What have you tried and liked/disliked?
Budget? Scent?
I've heard a lot of good about the Stone Cottage line.. creams and soaps.. and they have a great sample pack.
Stirling is always good.
Russian Viking or Italian Omega or Atkinson's are remarkable creams..

This may seem like a silly question, but have you tried any Stirling soaps? Great variety of scents and the slickness is just amazing, especially the residual slickness. Awesome post shave feel as well.

I can't speak to how "big" a company is, but some suggestions for slick soaps I have used is Haslinger Schafmilch (talc scent), I'll second the Stirling suggestion, they have a scent for just about anybodys tastes and they have generous samples, Pre de Provence 63 is slick with a nice woody, spicy scent (imo), Wholly Kaw has samples, good performance and the scents blew me away, Stone Cottage has excellent performance with quality scents.

Over the last few weeks, picked up a few artisan soaps (B&M, L&L Grooming Co, WSP, OSP, and Phoenix & Beau).

All are good, but the B&M and L&L are ridiculously slick.
B&M Seville reminds me of a complex barbershop fragrance. Complex, with nice citrus/floral blend...and powder in the backdrop.
L&L Trismegistus is a Terre d'Hermes clone and smells wonderful.

If I have to suggest just one soap..then it is Sudsy Soapery. Absolutely the best soap out there for the money right now.

I just tried Cold River Soap Works Select line and liked it so much that I bought a couple. Others I really like are PannaCrema and Mystic Water. WSP Formula T won't disappoint either.

Soap Commander makes good soaps and I have always had great shaves using it. It is a vegan soap, but lather well, has good slickness, and wonderful post shave feel.

I had a bad experience with Stirling... I had a puck of Anise for 2 years (maybe more), brand new, still wrapped in plastic, in an Ikea tin. When i open the tin a death animal stench hit me like a hammer! I never was a Stirling fan but this makes me wonder what kind of tallow was there...

I have tried Sterling and it is hit or miss for me. I don't always get a great lather from it. My favorites are TFS Tobacco Verde hard soap and Panna Crema Vetiver (the original one). I think I have what I want narrowed down to B&M, CRSW and WSP.

L&L and P&B are on my radar for a great performing soap. I like your idea of a birthday soap as an excuse to get a soap I totally don't need.

I keep seeing good reviews on WSP "T" soaps (their line w/ tallow), and they are on my short-list of soaps to try next. I have no idea how small/artisanal they are, though.
I have the WSP "Formula T" Barbershop soap and like it a lot - great product.

I don't think you could go wrong with the two you are considering, CRSW and B&M. I would add Mike's to your candidates. Pick a scent that sounds good and enjoy your birthday!

Top Bottom