What's new

New soap coming from Cold River Soap Works

Looks like CRSW is releasing a new soap tomorrow called SCHAPENMELK... from the website:

A traditional hard shaving soap thats pays homage to our Dutch heritage. Made with sheep milk and tallow plus lanolin and shea butter for aftershave conditioning. Lightly perfumed with a pleasing scent.

This looks like a pretty darn good ingredient list for only $8.95 from a trusted soapmaker:

Ingredients: Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Sheep Milk, Shea Butter, Lanolin, Lecithin, Glycerin, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Fragrance

Since Haslinger caved to the animal rights activists I've been looking for an American made alternative. This may be it.

I absolutely love the packaging. And what a great price. If only this dang sabbatical wasn’t getting in the way.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yes, this may be my next soap. I finally finished a soap this week! I really don't need to replace it; I should try to finish off some of the other ones in the bathroom vanity, but what the heck. I'm just waiting for someone to report on the fragrance. "Pleasing scent" is not too descriptive.

I just bought some Haslinger. Looking at the ingredient list for both, I wish I didn't. The Cold River is more to my liking. Too bad.

I bought 5 of them myself. If they are just as good as Haslinger for me then I will buy a pallet. I’m hoping it’s a really light scent and I love the minimalist packaging.

Shipping is included on his other soaps, but I'm guessing not on this one.......? o_O
What other soaps? I looked at his site earlier this morning and almost pulled the trigger on a few different scents but then got scared off by the shipping.

He was offering free shipping for a while, but it looks like that perk is gone. My guess is it corresponds to shipping pricing being raised this year, which I’m assuming is the same for business shippers as for individuals.
It is too bad that shipping is getting so expensive, it costs $8-9 now just to ship a couple soaps to someone... doesn’t the USPS realize we all have used shaving gear to spread around??

CRSW is a great artisan soapmaker. Their Glide formula is one of my favorite soap bases and their Select soaps are very good as well.

CRSW only sells products direct from their web site. They do not sell through any of the normal retail channels.

Although I was tempted, I did not succumb to the early advertising I received for the SCHAPENMELK as I like tubs more than hard pucks. However, the ingredient listing looks quite good. With stearic acid, tallow, cocoa butter, shea butter, sheep milk, lanolin and glycerin, it should be a nice alternative to other hard soaps like MFW, Haslinger, Tabac, Williams Mug, etc.

Top Bottom