What's new

new slant

Merkur Slant
Murker blade
Badger brush
Good soap

It was quicker than using a straight. Same degree of smoothness. I had no nicks or burns. Pleasant experience.

Taylor of Old Bond Street
shaving cream
whipped up in one of my wifes onion soup bowls
cause is thick ceramic with a 3.5" opening

sorry for the lack of info

Don't tell her OK

Well done!
I won't tell Your wife if you dont tell mine I used her Waterford crystal fruit bowl to make lather for a SOTD photo!

Good to hear about your good experience with the slant. I ordered a Slant from Lee and it arrived today as well. Will try it tomorrow in the morning and was wandering what blade should i try it with? I'm thinking a feather as Slant/Feather combo seems to be more effective.

Will update on the shave tomorrow after my first experience.

Well, it has been about 24 hours since the first shave. Still fairly smooth, just a few stubble spots. Shave seems to last longer than a straight (with new blade) I am sure this will change, as I won't be stropping the blade.

One thing I failed to mention last night. The usual difficult straight razor spots on my face were managed better.

Also, if I don't get used to the weight of the razor I might dip the handle in that liquid rubber stuff, let it harden for more control of the razor.

What the heck, this hobby has been one big experiment for years. Ask anyone who knows me, I am usually outside the box.

As you can see I rubber coated the new Slant handle

Rewarding! Very Very Rewarding!

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom