What's new

New Simpson Buffalo Horn Brushes

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
...It's the wet/dry cycling that kills horn...
1645401196494.png

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have a Ch2 in horn from a much earlier release. I use it regularly, and the only treatment I do is applying some neatsfoot oil every 3 or 4 months. and it still looks great!

Some of the Simpson natural handles I have seen, such as the current horn examples, and also the wooden ones from a few years back, just do not look right; the shapes are not in proportion or are simply different from the regular handles. Yours however looks great!

Ridiculous price, imho. Courteney boots, elephant leather, US$480. Lasts a life time. Locally made here in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe! In buffalo leather they are US$320. But a tiny piece of buffalo horn for that price???? I rather go for the new Chubby 2 Platinum Synthetic Faux Emerald!
IMG_6363.jpg

wow, that's Plisson 20 HMW territory! Also horn handled, just as legendary and the current batch of Plisson HMW hair is outstanding and they offer periodic 20% discounts (sometimes more).
I am a lover of all things Simpson… until the name Plisson is brought up. I would never buy one of those horn handled Simpson’s over a horn handled Plisson of the same size… even if the Plisson was more $. YMMV

I have a real horn handled brush and have not found it difficult to care for, but then I don't use it often and I treat it with vegetable based cooking oil about once a year. I most certainly prefer a resin based faux horn handle though.

Top Bottom