What's new

NEW Show Segment -MAIL CALL for 11/28/2016 Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised, and mentioned on the last episode of B&B Radio our new segment "Mail Call" will open up a thread about a week prior to the next episode to take questions, comments, for us to address on the air. We will review and choose a variety of question to address. We will strive to take as many as possible, but they will be chosen based on the time allocated for the segment. Please keep you questions and comments within the Terms of Usage and they will be reviewed as such.

Please also note that the comments made on B&B Radio are that of the Host, and may not reflect the opinions of the Owner, Mods, Stewards, or Badger and Blade.com

We are putting up this thread a bit earlier than normal for a special "Post Thanksgiving" version of "Mail Call"

Feel free to post what you are thankful for this Holiday and of course any questions you may have. We hope you will support this segment and had fun listening to it.

Post away...

So we all know Ruger runs the house... What kind of offerings do you usually give?

This message brought to you by Chad's phone.... most likely with typos

I'm thankful for the safe haven that is B&B. This is a refuge from the stormy world outside. There is no other place like it online. :001_smile

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm thankful for being alive and getting to have family and friends and a nice close shave!

Kindly,
Adam

This thread could be a lot of fun wait until Chris finds it lol [MENTION=103898]CBLindsay[/MENTION]

This message brought to you by Chad's phone.... most likely with typos

Oh l found it alright.

For what it's worth I have been using super glue (mostly the same as suture glue) for quite some time. It works like a charm.
Funny story about one of our B&B members. He is a regular here but doesn't necessarily post a lot. He is totally blind and took up DE earlier this year. Turns out B&B has a few totally blind members and a few chimed in as he learned. He and I have become pretty good friends so we communicate off the forum often. Well...I sent him some blades to try and he ended up cutting his finger while unwrapping one. Since his fingers are very necessary to his way of life (not to mention very sensitive) he was looking for a way to speed recovery. I suggested he have super glue around for future painful cuts. I honestly thought I was being a nice guy when I sent him a bunch of single use tubes ...then I get an email describing his first time using it. If you thought my sugar free chocolate stories were fun ...he had one heck of an adventure. Sure the cut was sealed up but he lost more skin pulling the tube that had become glued to his thumb than he cared to. Funny now, but he was in pretty good pain for a while.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Oh l found it alright.

For what it's worth I have been using super glue (mostly the same as suture glue) for quite some time. It works like a charm.
Funny story about one of our B&B members. He is a regular here but doesn't necessarily post a lot. He is totally blind and took up DE earlier this year. Turns out B&B has a few totally blind members and a few chimed in as he learned. He and I have become pretty good friends so we communicate off the forum often. Well...I sent him some blades to try and he ended up cutting his finger while unwrapping one. Since his fingers are very necessary to his way of life (not to mention very sensitive) he was looking for a way to speed recovery. I suggested he have super glue around for future painful cuts. I honestly thought I was being a nice guy when I sent him a bunch of single use tubes ...then I get an email describing his first time using it. If you thought my sugar free chocolate stories were fun ...he had one heck of an adventure. Sure the cut was sealed up but he lost more skin pulling the tube that had become glued to his thumb than he cared to. Funny now, but he was in pretty good pain for a while.
Oh my gosh, Chris!

I'm thankful my drama ain't nothing like other people's drama and my joys are as good or better than most.

I'm thankful (I think) of the depth B&B has brought to my shave den ...or as my wife puts it my "man hobby". (I guess she's seen the movies were the 40 something guy goes and gets a sports car and a bikini model because he is having a midlife crisis ...she must think soap, steel and animal hair is a better deal for her ...if she only knew I COULD have bought a sports car with what I've spent so far)

I'm thankful my drama ain't nothing like other people's drama and my joys are as good or better than most.

I'm thankful (I think) of the depth B&B has brought to my shave den ...or as my wife puts it my "man hobby". (I guess she's seen the movies were the 40 something guy goes and gets a sports car and a bikini model because he is having a midlife crisis ...she must think soap, steel and animal hair is a better deal for her ...if she only knew I COULD have bought a sports car with what I've spent so far)

Regarding the money spent... sure, you could have bought that sports car. But you skipped the bikini model :laugh:. I doubt those models would put up with our "hobby" and AD's

My better half just laughs now when I get a new mail call in. She has 3 or 4 perfumes in her "Den"... I have a "few" more than that:thumbup:

But she pretty much said the same thing regarding the midlife crisis thing and is happy that I nowadays don't look as scruffy as I used to (that's how she got to know me)

B&B has been a real safe haven for me.... great people all around and none of the craziness in here that has possessed the rest of society. It truly is a very unique place in this world (and I am very glad to be part of it)

I now enjoy my shaving time and the time on here.... and I think I can say that I now have a more kind and gentlemanly behavior in general. It does rub off:w00t:

Well... guess I'll get back to work again. Thanks guys (especially Dave for all the effort with the Radio show and all the Stewards and mods for keeping things running the way it is)

Last edited:
This holiday season I am truly grateful and thankful for my family, wife, and friends. I am thankful for being able to provide for my family put a roof over their head, and that I can have enough extra disposable income to use on my wetshaving hobby. I am also thankful that a lot of people on this site even though we have never met in person I can call you friends. I am also thankful for my unborn daughter who is due on April 28th, I am also thankful for the wonderful country that I live in and all of the people who have served this country to keep my family and myself free, and I thank God everyday for everything that I have.

Well said Chad (@cvargo). I share your reasons to be thankful...even the one about your unborn daughter. I'm happy for you and your family and quite thankful IT YOU who is expecting a new bundle of joy next year and NOT me. Just this last weekend I was thinking how thankful I am that my oldest son hasn't informed me that I am to be a grandpa ...bifocals, hair tonic and complaining about the noise at restaurants is about all the "old man" I can handle right now ...call me grandpa and I might as well pull my pants up to my armpits and pour myself a glass of Metamucil.

I'm thankful for a nice face cleansing prep, a hot towel applied to the face, a nice slick and thick lather applied with the perfect brush, and a sharp edge be it blade or straight gliding across your face yielding the perfect BBS shave followed by the application of your favorite post shave product(s). I mean is there a better way to start you day?:001_cool:

B&B brought me not only into the cool shaving world, but photography! Always an interest, always took pictures, but never bought a real camera and gave actual photography a try!

I may even have to wonder into threads I've yet not bothered, as I may? have to learn how to casually dress for business!! Blue jeans, T shirt and Converse All Stars since I was a kid, now I find myself more and more involved in an office world! I hate to say I've no idea how to dress myself, but I suppose that's not the dumbest thing someone's said today ... I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom