What's new

New Shoes

C11FEFF6-F8D7-4BD8-B4C1-7972044B5191.jpeg
Well reading about the fine shoes has finally gotten to me. I broke down and bought a nicer pair of shoes for work. It an Allen Edmonds Sanford derby with walnut leather.

I have a pretty casual dress code at work. When I started working many years ago, I bought a couple pair of decent Florsheim shoes and have been replacing with Clark’s or similar since. The shoes last a year or two and I just toss them. I never used shoe trees or even worried about snow or salt or anything really. I’m looking forward to adding a couple more AE or similar shoes, taking better care of them, and rotating for a few years.

I might have a local cobbler put a thin layer of rubber on the sole to make them less slick. Do you guys do this with leather soles? I usually get rubber soles as my shoes are usually cheaper.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I might have a local cobbler put a thin layer of rubber on the sole to make them less slick. Do you guys do this with leather soles? I usually get rubber soles as my shoes are usually cheaper

Have him put a Vibram “half sole” on the shoes, and you will get much better traction and wear.

Great style with this model, and my favorite color....The vibram half sole will keep you upright, and they don't cost that much to replace... Get a tin of Venetian shoe cream ,a high quality wax , and shoe trees to keep them perfect....Angelus , Feibings , Kelly , Lincoln ,Tarrago and Saphir are all top notch waxes...You can use tinted creams, but they are not as moisture repellent.....

Ah, @Bhugo our favorite wet terrazzo floor salesman. An excellent purchase that'll last you for a couple decades if you look after them. I'm a big fan of AE and own several myself.

Ah, @Bhugo our favorite wet terrazzo floor salesman. An excellent purchase that'll last you for a couple decades if you look after them. I'm a big fan of AE and own several myself.
Sales are good! My jealousy is piqued! Which do you own? Which is your favorite?

Great style with this model, and my favorite color....The vibram half sole will keep you upright, and they don't cost that much to replace... Get a tin of Venetian shoe cream ,a high quality wax , and shoe trees to keep them perfect....Angelus , Feibings , Kelly , Lincoln ,Tarrago and Saphir are all top notch waxes...You can use tinted creams, but they are not as moisture repellent.....
I bought AE leather conditioner and a matching color AE polish. I shall look into Venetian shoe cream though, thank you!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I only buy dress shoes with full Vibram or Dainite rubber soles, they work great in any weather condition, last forever and look just as good as their leather counterpart.

Beautiful shoes, Sir. :a14:

I only buy dress shoes with full Vibram or Dainite rubber soles, they work great in any weather condition, last forever and look just as good as their leather counterpart.

Beautiful shoes, Sir. :a14:
Thank you

Oh no! I might have to get another pair..... This isn’t good. I really don’t want to start buying expensive dress shoes like shave creams.... ha

I’m waiting till tomorrow to see if someone else buys them first.

8ADB474F-050C-447E-B7E8-50EB55CD14CF.jpeg
Well, I needed a dark brown shoe. I have a decent pair of black shoes to wear if needed, but no dark brown. That’s the story I’m using anyhow. I just bought these AE Tate Chelsea boots on sale at Zappos for $209. I couldn’t help myself. There was one pair left in my size and nobody bought them last night. Crap.

I am done shoe shopping! For real this time.

Top Bottom