What's new

New shoes

B

bluefoxicy

My new shoes were UPS 3-5 day ground shipped from Jersey. Of course that means they got here in 1 day, and they've been quite nice.

proxy.php

I should shine mine... then they'll look like this. They currently have a less shiny look to them. They're leather walking shoes, New Balance MW901.

Interesting shoes, my lower legs hurt the first day; my balance is usually 80/30 left/right when I walk, these forced my balance straight and my muscles didn't know how to deal with it so tired out a bit. Way more stability now though.

new balance are great, you just have to know which ones are US/UK made, and which are china/vietnam made,

theres a huge quality differance,

B

bluefoxicy

new balance are great, you just have to know which ones are US/UK made, and which are china/vietnam made,

theres a huge quality differance,

Nods. I actually like these better than other shoes I've had, but somehow notice they're not exactly what I want (yeah it takes like a week of wear for me to figure all that stuff out).

I don't run a lot so I don't really want running shoes (a coworker who runs a LOT is telling me running shoes are even better for just walking than walking shoes). I need something that can handle some speed, though.

I sprint a lot. I can't run very far; but if I want to catch you, there's pretty much no way you're getting away from me. My top speed is ... fast, usually I can't reach it because I can't keep balance going that fast. Like I said, I can't run that far; a few tens of meters and I'm dying, but I don't get the heavy breathing or heart pounding thing until I stop so I can push myself pretty hard without noticing. When I run in these, my speed feels limited; I can go at a decent speed (and FAR) very comfortably, maybe twice as fast as my normal walking speed. It's definitely not a run though; my legs are moving closer to walking than jogging, I'm always connected solidly to the ground. I simply can't do it in these.

But it doesn't make too much sense for me to have running shoes because the only time I run, I run FAST, and only because I'm parked 3-5 blocks from a bar I want to be at and walking for 10 minutes is BORING. Once I'm there, I walk. Or jump up steps. Or navigate weird terrain.

Heh I want something that'll give me some agility, so I can go fast in something other than a straight line.

I'm no good with shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear the NB 576 walkers - New Balance seems to be one of the few companies which sells narrow widths in their athletic shoes (I wear a 13B). I believe they are made in the USA.

Great shoes, and I can use a Walk-fit orthotic insert (as good as the $200+ ones from the various "Good Feet" stores) in them since I can take out the NB insert and use a different liner.

Top Bottom