What's new

New Shaving Cabinet. I may have a RAD problem!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
So we moved houses, part of a big downsizing effort. And my dear wife decided to liquidate her curio cabinet. She was going to get rid of it, so I took it to showcase my razor collection. They say you dont know how much stuff you have until you move from a big house to a small house. And boy does that statement ring true! I had no clue how much shaving stuff I have. I have a ton more "downsizing" to do. BST here we go. Anyways, this is about 65% of my collection right now. Ran out of room in the cabinet. Yeah, I have issues. :) Enjoy.

2021-01-25 09.28.02.jpg

2021-01-25 09.28.14.jpg

2021-01-25 09.28.11.jpg

2021-01-25 09.28.08.jpg

2021-01-25 09.28.19.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
That's a fantastic collection! I'm just curious...do you gravitate towards a particular razor or perhaps razors or do you just cycle through or grab whatever strikes your fancy that day? Because you have a lot of really nice razors.

Okay Guys, we need to rally around him in his time of need - we are in this together!

Look, there is a mirror on the back wall of the cabinet. That mirror makes it look worse than like there is more than there is. All together now, "The mirror is the problem, the mirror is the problem..." :biggrin1:

Last edited:
So we moved houses, part of a big downsizing effort. And my dear wife decided to liquidate her curio cabinet. She was going to get rid of it, so I took it to showcase my razor collection. They say you dont know how much stuff you have until you move from a big house to a small house. And boy does that statement ring true! I had no clue how much shaving stuff I have. I have a ton more "downsizing" to do. BST here we go. Anyways, this is about 65% of my collection right now. Ran out of room in the cabinet. Yeah, I have issues. :) Enjoy.

View attachment 1213317

View attachment 1213314

View attachment 1213315

View attachment 1213316

View attachment 1213313
I don’t see any problem. Except that you might someday lose the urge. As I said recently, I have a disorder - I order dis, I order dat...

So continue to fill your boots, my friend! Be a standard bearer! 😁

Very nice! And if I may, I appreciate all of you out there that I can point to when my family mocks my shaving acquisition disorders. "You think I've got it bad, take a look at this." But at the rate I'm going, I will be joining the deep end poster children soon.

Don’t let anyone mock you! That’s why we do it - to beat the path for others to follow!

Come on up - the air’s lovely! 🤪
Al.

I'm a newbie. After only ~10 shaves I have 3 razors, 7 different blades, 5 soaps, 3 pre-shaves, 2 brushes, and 2 balms, and you have officially scared me for what my future holds.
Be afraid. Be very afraid...

I’ve been in for six months, and already I’ve got eighteen razors, a dozen brushes, over thirty soaps, twenty four shave sticks, twenty or so creams - and 5,800 blades. And I’m a mere novice! So you’ve started very well, but you gotta keep it going now! 😝

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
That's a fantastic collection! I'm just curious...do you gravitate towards a particular razor or perhaps razors or do you just cycle through or grab whatever strikes your fancy that day? Because you have a lot of really nice razors.
I tend to stick with the high end of the razor spectrum these days. Wolfman is top of the list. I have two. Then I have four Charcoal Goods. They are a solid second place. Then my new H&S N075 is amazing. Followed by four Timeless, which are beautiful. Every other modern razor falls short now. So they will probably hit the BST before long.

I also LOVE vintage Gillette’s. All of them. From Toggle to Tech... NEW to Old Type... Brit to USA... love them all.

SE is another story. My favorite is the GEM Featherweight. Don’t know why. I just do. Have not been able to get along with injectors very well. And believe me I’ve tried.

Got a couple of straights, and can shave well with them. But I don’t like all stropping and blade maintenance. So I primarily stick with a Feather Artist Club when I get the hankering to use something in that realm.

I’ve tried a ton of artist club safety razors and can’t say I like any of them.

You asked... 😎🤪

I tend to stick with the high end of the razor spectrum these days. Wolfman is top of the list. I have two. Then I have four Charcoal Goods. They are a solid second place. Then my new H&S N075 is amazing. Followed by four Timeless, which are beautiful. Every other modern razor falls short now. So they will probably hit the BST before long.

You should announce a sale for the Contributors BST forum to see if we can get more people to sign up as contributors for a chance to buy some of your loot!

Top Bottom