What's new

New Semogue butterscotch! (but wish it were 1305 colors...)

Just saw today that Semogue is offering its venerable SOC shave brush in a butterscotch handle color made of resin material. Appears be offered in Semogue's typical SOC knot lineup: Finest badger, Mistura and Boar. Very nice, but I still wish Semogue would offer these perfectly shaped SOC handles in resin material that precisely replicates the 1305 color scheme. I think that racing green atop the ivory base is the nicest color combination of any shaving brush livery. Maybe one day. . . here's to hoping Semogue will read this!!!

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have the butterscotch Semogue Foro Afeitado 2016 and it is a superb brush. I have not seen the butterscotch SOC, where have you seen this for sale? Thanks.

A boatload of new Semogue brushes were just released on the Portugese Factory site.
Verrry interesting. I wonder how the Semogue Silvertip badger compares to their Finest hair. I had a Semogue Silvertip 2015 HD brush years ago (my second badger ever) and thought it was nice but had a bit of scritch. Will keep an eye out for user experiences once folks get their hands on them.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I am lucky to have four wonderful Semogue brushes and for my preference the finest is far superior to the silvertip, but I do prefer a scrubby brush. The silvertip versions I have tried are very soft in the tips, with medium backbone and density. For me the finest are scrubbier with slightly more backbone and density. Like all Semogue brushes, any of these new offerings will be excellent performers and a fine addition to any den. My upper limit for brushes is 25mm and I am grateful that Semogue have not followed the herd and moved towards 30mm and larger.

20200305_173333.jpg

Verrry interesting. I wonder how the Semogue Silvertip badger compares to their Finest hair. I had a Semogue Silvertip 2015 HD brush years ago (my second badger ever) and thought it was nice but had a bit of scritch. Will keep an eye out for user experiences once folks get their hands on them.
I am a sucker for butterscotch so I grabbed the butterscotch SOC with the mixed knot. I'll report back once it arrives.

$42 is a very good price for either the butterscotch or ivory Taj resin SOC boar. I’d be very tempted to pick up the butterscotch if I didn’t already have the ivory resin and the ash wood versions. Two boars is all I care to own, and I believe there are better options for badger.

I am a sucker for butterscotch so I grabbed the butterscotch SOC with the mixed knot. I'll report back once it arrives.

I love the recent SOC Mistura knots. Takes a little break in, but then lovely. Hope you enjoy it!

I am lucky to have four wonderful Semogue brushes and for my preference the finest is far superior to the silvertip, but I do prefer a scrubby brush. The silvertip versions I have tried are very soft in the tips, with medium backbone and density. For me the finest are scrubbier with slightly more backbone and density. Like all Semogue brushes, any of these new offerings will be excellent performers and a fine addition to any den. My upper limit for brushes is 25mm and I am grateful that Semogue have not followed the herd and moved towards 30mm and larger.

View attachment 1070613

Great line-up!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just saw today that Semogue is offering its venerable SOC shave brush in a butterscotch handle color made of resin material. Appears be offered in Semogue's typical SOC knot lineup: Finest badger, Mistura and Boar. Very nice, but I still wish Semogue would offer these perfectly shaped SOC handles in resin material that precisely replicates the 1305 color scheme. I think that racing green atop the ivory base is the nicest color combination of any shaving brush livery. Maybe one day. . . here's to hoping Semogue will read this!!!
When I browse the line, I often find myself wishing I could request a custom combination. They have a very nice base set of designs to offer such a thing. Guess I just have to own 'em all and keep on wishing :D

My butterscotch SOC Mistura arrived last week. I gave it a quick lather with brush cleaner and it was ready to go. It was soft enough to use out of the box. I've used it 5 times and it's already very comfortable. Semogue's shade of butterscotch is one my favorites.
IMG_20200325_152529.jpg

Top Bottom