What's new

New Seiko Kinetic

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
16205829899996682191037913856685.jpg

I had a Kinetic that I bought back in 2004. It was a great watch until it stopped holding a charge. After 10 years I replaced the battery and about 2-3 years later it stopped charging. Unfortunately it wasn't valuable enough to justify repairing it and at that point, I had to say bye bye.

Meanwhile, my SKX007 keeps chugging along after about 20 years or so......

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
30 day report.
The Kinetic has gained 4 seconds (give or take a tenth) since I set it 30 days ago. Between 1/7th & 1/8th second per day (if my math is still good). I'd say that's pretty good.
Pretty, easy to read, comfortable, accurate; can't ask for too much more in a watch. Definitely won't be going on the BST any time soon.

I had a Kinetic that I bought back in 2004. It was a great watch until it stopped holding a charge. After 10 years I replaced the battery and about 2-3 years later it stopped charging. Unfortunately it wasn't valuable enough to justify repairing it and at that point, I had to say bye bye.

Meanwhile, my SKX007 keeps chugging along after about 20 years or so......
I have a Kinetic since 2000 They used to have a capacitor? Had to replace it 2 times, the last time the capacitor was replaced by a recharcheble battery if I'm correct
5M43-0E70 not a great picture
SeikoKinetic5M43-0E70-1r.jpg

Top Bottom