What's new

New Seaforth! Shave Soap by Spearhead Shave Co

Well, I've used both my samples now....Heather and Spiced. I definitely prefer the Spiced scent to the Heather. Heather reminds me too much of Fine America Blend which I don't like. I'm not sure what's going on, but with both soaps my lather was a bit thin. I didn't use a lot of water (at least I don't think I did) and the lather looked good in my bowl, but went on thin. Is this normal with these soaps? It could be I didn't scoop enough product out of the sample container, but it looked like an ample amount (nickel size). Performance was ok even with the thin lather. Not super slick, but works.

I'm used to PAA which lathers up like nobody's business and is the slickest stuff I used. The Seaforth was not even close. I have enough product for several shaves so I'll play around with it a bit more. I do like the Spiced scent and hope I can get it to perform better.

Well, I've used both my samples now....Heather and Spiced. I definitely prefer the Spiced scent to the Heather. Heather reminds me too much of Fine America Blend which I don't like. I'm not sure what's going on, but with both soaps my lather was a bit thin. I didn't use a lot of water (at least I don't think I did) and the lather looked good in my bowl, but went on thin. Is this normal with these soaps? It could be I didn't scoop enough product out of the sample container, but it looked like an ample amount (nickel size). Performance was ok even with the thin lather. Not super slick, but works.

I'm used to PAA which lathers up like nobody's business and is the slickest stuff I used. The Seaforth was not even close. I have enough product for several shaves so I'll play around with it a bit more. I do like the Spiced scent and hope I can get it to perform better.
More soap is the answer but the lather is not going to be that dense pasty lather that PAA soaps make. I have 2 of the CK-6 formulas. This is a more high structure lather, it feels lighter and silky and stands taller on your face, more like canned foam.

More soap is the answer but the lather is not going to be that dense pasty lather that PAA soaps make. I have 2 of the CK-6 formulas. This is a more high structure lather, it feels lighter and silky and stands taller on your face, more like canned foam.

Ok....good to know. I could tell as I was swirling my brush around that it was a different kind of lather compared to the CK-6... but was surprised by the thinness as it went on my face. I'll keep at it....appreciate your input.

I'd put a 20 on your not having used enough product. Seaforth! samples are much smaller than Maggard and Shavedash samples. I only got 3 shaves out of mine.

I'd put a 20 on your not having used enough product. Seaforth! samples are much smaller than Maggard and Shavedash samples. I only got 3 shaves out of mine.

Thank you....I most likely didn't use enough. I'd guess with the amount I used I could get about 4 or 5 shaves out of the sample. I'll scoop out more next shave.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thank you....I most likely didn't use enough. I'd guess with the amount I used I could get about 4 or 5 shaves out of the sample. I'll scoop out more next shave.
Here's how I used mine, no joke:

I am so stinkin'cheap!
I took a damp brush, squeezed the tip and rubbed it on the TINY sample of Heather that @MyOldKentuckyHome so graciously gave to me.

I then rubbed it on my damp face and it EXPLODED with the best lather I have EVER used. (I know, I love Arko, so my judgement is questionable!)

Love the scent.

I have enough shaving stuff to supply half of the Newbs here for a month, and this product is the ONLY one I'm tempted to fight with my lovely War Department over buying.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Razor: Rockwell 6S, #4 plate
Blade: Sharp Star (3)
Brush: Zenith aluminum boar, 27mm
Soap: Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Aftershave: Pre de Provence balm
Growth: 24 hours
Passes: WTG, ATG, cleanup
Rating: 10/10

Today was my first time with any Seaforth soap. I recently emailed owner Dennis Spearhead to see if I could pick up a Sea Spice Lime tub in Dayton, Ohio as we drove from St. Louis to Washington DC. Received a warm reply that there is no retail storefront, so Pasteur’s it was.

Seaforth Sea Spice Lime is a top-tier soap. Just a few swirls of the damp Zenith boar yielded a rich, dense lather. It’s scent, a combination of lime, botanicals, and fresh bay oysters, took me back to relaxing sunsets viewed from a favorite Morro Bay oyster bar. The Rockwell gave feedback, yet the cushion of slipperiness gave a non-casualty shave. The bergamot of the PdP balm paired extremely well.

Seaforth Sea Spice Lime is a lovely soap. It’s gentle cooling and citrus note lends itself to warm weather shaving. A keeper, and easily will be among my favorite soaps.

97B8AB7F-2EF3-4E5A-8B5D-5DCFBEB983A4.jpeg

Sea Spiced Lime is a favorite of mine. I have the soap, Aftershave, and Eau de Toillette. Its nice, slightly salty with tons of floral botanicals.

In my hard water I find I actually prefer it to Ck6 formula. In fact Ck6 dropped several spots below it prior position in my den. It was at the top, so the only way to go was down but I was very surprised at my perceived difference in it's performance in the harder water at my new place.

Top Bottom