What's new

New SE razor, so new you can't buy it yet

I only have one SE razor, an old Hydra-Magic.
I have been thinking of getting a Parker SE, but now I saw this one:
It certainly looks cool :c2:
Can this be the one?
Or is it just a gadget?

It looks like the modern art version of the Supply Single Edge 2.0--which also has three plates for levels of aggressiveness (and Hype has used the same naming convention for the plates of Sensitive, Comfort, and Ultra Close). Also, the Supply is on sale now for $59.

The Hype is definitely an Injector blade--the pictures have the same plastic injector blade holder as the Supply. My cursory look at these two almost make me wonder if the same people are behind this and they're trying to tap into the luxury shave crowd who are willing to spend $200 on a razor.

It looks like the modern art version of the Supply Single Edge 2.0--which also has three plates for levels of aggressiveness (and Hype has used the same naming convention for the plates of Sensitive, Comfort, and Ultra Close). Also, the Supply is on sale now for $59.

The Hype is definitely an Injector blade--the pictures have the same plastic injector blade holder as the Supply. My cursory look at these two almost make me wonder if the same people are behind this and they're trying to tap into the luxury shave crowd who are willing to spend $200 on a razor.
Agreed! At a glance, I don't see how it offers any advantages over the Supply. The magnetic heads are a nice touch, but for that kind of money, I can deal with a thumbscrew. The stainless Supply is still more affordable than the aluminum Hyperbody.

For me it looks like a supply v4 not that special

now if they would make one constantly adjustable and a pivot head preferably stainless head and Alluminium handle I would be very very interested in the first reviews.

Where can I find the Supply for $59?

1616982049733.png

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

^^^^^This^^^^^

:)

Okay, after a long silence, I got word from HypeBody that they were going live on Kickstarter today at 7 AM PST. When I got home at 8:30 PST, they are postponing their Kickstarter campaign until Thursday. Not a great way to build interest in a new, overpriced, aluminum razor.

Maybe they have future plans for an E - extreme, and a SS - super smooth plates in the future.

Personally, I like it better when they keep the plate codes simple like + and ++.

Top Bottom