What's new

New scuttles are under way

Your feedback has been summarized and incorporated into a revised forthcoming scuttle. Here is a picture of the prototype along with the feedback: Free scuttle - a loaner for feedback - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/free-scuttle-a-loaner-for-feedback.610975/

We are still ten days or so away from having them in the store but we did get a couple of pictures of them in process. They do take longer to dry down to the proper moisture content prior to firing in the kiln. That is the stage they are in presently.

Can you spot the changes that have been added?

65298915913__A83B431B-B596-43D8-BFCF-8CAB508ECA42.jpeg
IMG_0124.jpeg

Last edited:
The listing is now live on our site for purchase right here: All Products — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all. Here are some pics of them as they came out of the kiln.

Based on feedback from here: Free scuttle - a loaner for feedback - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/free-scuttle-a-loaner-for-feedback.610975/
we have enlarged the spout for easier filling and emptying as well as added our well known logo to the side.

And yes, this is a small batch and on purpose. With any new item our intent is to keep the first few production runs low to ensure consistency. That way the products come very close to matching what is pictured in the listing. With hand made goods each is different but we do try to have tight parameters so that we meet customer expectations.

IMG_0007.jpeg

IMG_0008.jpeg

To me the new shape is more tapered down.
and the one on the cc website is more akin the old one.

Possibly it is the camera angle that makes it appear so. I will have them in hand shortly. Worse case, it is a small run and we refine it the next time. And there are as many who prefer it tapered. Welcome to my world of trying to develop products that most like because not all can be pleased! :biggrin1:

Possibly it is the camera angle that makes it appear so. I will have them in hand shortly. Worse case, it is a small run and we refine it the next time. And there are as many who prefer it tapered. Welcome to my world of trying to develop products that most like because not all can be pleased! :biggrin1:
Grinn aesthetically I prefer the tapered slightly… but for now waiting on that hammered aged copper sailing ship to arrive my shores filled with sampling goodies somewhere in the next weeks.
Keep up the good work!

I have picked them up and processed them. This first run came out slightly different from the original picture in our store. The listing in the store has now been updated. Essentially they are somewhat larger than the prototype. They measure 6" across the top and are 4" tall. That is a good deal more volume for hot water which can be good but wanted to be sure all are aware.

Click here for the new pictures: Shaving Scuttle — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all/shaving-scuttle

Great news if you want a scuttle and would like to save some money. I have three from this initial production run that I have deemed "seconds." Two of them, the logo button is not centered like it needs to be. The third one has a small patch of missing glaze on it. Otherwise they are all three top rate so it is cosmetic in nature only. Our scuttles are $56.00 and while I have them each one of these "seconds" is available for just $29.00 plus shipping.

If interested, contact The Captain at [email protected]

First come, first served!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I bought the Scuttle and the Coffee mug last Saturday, and they arrived at my house yesterday incredibly well packaged.
Both are of outstanding quality. I used the mug yesterday (I'm an all day coffee drinker) and this morning and it is perfect for my needs. It fits no problem in my Keurig, holds 10 ounces from the machine, with plenty of room to spare. I always add a little cold water so my coffee is hot but not scalding. I want to drink coffee not sip it like a debutante. This is my new go to coffee mug.
I used the scuttle this morning and it did what it was supposed to do. The reservoir is quite large and it stayed hot a very long time. The mouth is large, which is great because it is easier to fill without getting any water in the lather bowl portion. Wayward water in the bowl can be a lather killer.
Overall, I'm pretty impressed and I'm extremely happy I made the purchase!

Just received my New Captain's Choice Scuttle v2 today. It took a while for the Captain to receive the new stock, but the wait was worth it. The water reservoir is enlarged from the original with a flat profile instead of a tapered one like the original. This should allow for more hot water to keep the lather warm.

DSC03886.JPG

In comparison to how massive this scuttle is, I put it next to the regular size lather bowl I have:

DSC03888.JPG

It arrived too late for tonight's shave, however it will be put to the test tomorrow where wind, rain, and 40 degree weather is expected, and I would really enjoy a hot lather. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom