What's new

NEW SC First Shave: LOVE IT!

Thats a SC and it has the SC cap on it too. ;)

View attachment 1033179

Think of it as a post war Tech on steroids and treat it with a little more respect than you might a Tech. The increase in blade exposure makes a difference.

If you plan on keeping it, having it replated might be worth it but it looks to be in pretty good condition as it is. It depends what will make you happy more than anything. With very gentle cleaning, the gold that is on it could last a very long time.

It wont shave any different with fresh plating or even no plating but it might feel a little different, especially if you ride the cap.
So I had my second shave today with the razor and I am loving it. I really find it much nicer than any of my other razors so far except a pre-war tech I have. Overall very pleased with it, and will use it for quite awhile before I plan on re-plating if I go that route. I do find I ride the top cap a bit more than other razors to get an even smoother nicer shave.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I really find it much nicer than any of my other razors so far except a pre-war tech I have.

If thats the case, you might really like the NEW LC. The LC and pre war share similar base plate designs. The SC and post war share similar base designs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 14
If thats the case, you might really like the NEW LC. The LC and pre war share similar base plate designs. The SC and post war share similar base designs.
Yeah, the funny part was that I thought I was getting a NEW LC, but the person who sold it to me apparently didn't know. I was still looking for a NEW SC, just have moved my search a bit. The NEW LC is on my list of want to buys.

Top Bottom