What's new

New Sandalwood Antica Barbieria Colla (ABC) hard soap just released.

I've just had an email in from ABC announcing there new Sandalwood scented hard soap.

The ingredients look to be the same as the Almond Oil Hard Soap hut with some additional ingredients added on at the end "Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol"

1654597411941.png

I've just had an email in from ABC announcing there new Sandalwood scented hard soap.

The ingredients look to be the same as the Almond Oil Hard Soap hut with some additional ingredients added on at the end "Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol"

View attachment 1468417
What are their products like, in your experience?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
If the scent is like their red sandalwood AS balm, it’s a very ‘old school’ scent as is their tobacco verde.

As far as their product quality goes it’s top tier as is Floris, AdP, and SMN, but value shoppers need not apply for any of those brands.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
ABC are top quality soaps and creams, but for me the value isn't really there. Literally washing money down the drain. Their aftershave milks are another story, however. I particularly like the Tabacco Verde, and will at some point buy it again.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
A handful of years back I would read quite a bit more about ABC than I do now. I had a puck back then and thought it was excellent, but the puck was $24 and the shipping was $26 (which just felt wrong).

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Update on the soap:

My friend @haggis sent me a puck of the ABC Red Sandolo, and I’ve been using it for several days. This is the new version of the ABC hard soap. ABC did the same thing that Tabac did, they removed the coconut oil, so the lather feels a little less creamy but is a little slicker. The lather quality is similar to the new Tabac and Pre de Provence (which also does not have coconut oil). No complaints about the lather although I do prefer the old formula. Post shave is excellent and the wonderful scent lingers a bit.

The scent is magnificent and to me at least, quite a bit better than the ABC Red Sandalwood AS balm which as I mentioned above, has an old school vibe to it. This scent is moderately strong, fairly straightforward, powdery/sweet sandalwood scent. It does not have the earthy, funky note that Proraso Red or AoS sandalwood does. There’s no musk or vetiver note.

Many aftershaves would pair well with it, Floris Santal is a great choice, as is Myrsol Agua Balsamica. Of course AoS sandalwood AS or any other woody, balsamic, or even light rose would do well I think. This one won’t be hard to pair an AS with.

And yes, value shoppers need not apply because of the entry price, but if you wanted a special treat I think that you would be pleased with the longevity of a hard soap. The best place to buy it is directly from ABC, they have wonderful service, having replaced a bottle of the menthol and capsicum tonic that was broken in shipment at no cost and sent express from Italy. They include a generous number of samples of their products and free shipping starts at 100€. Shipping under that amount is reasonable for express.

I do want to assess the amount per shave and have not done that yet.

Top Bottom