What's new

New rules for US airport security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a warning to upcoming travelers, I attempted to carry on my merkur progress to a flight with no blade in it, which ended up getting confiscated. Apparently some guy held a lady hostage with a straight razor a couple of weeks ago and they don't allow safety razors, bladed or not, in the carry on.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Just a warning to upcoming travelers, I attempted to carry on my merkur progress to a flight with no blade in it, which ended up getting confiscated. Apparently some guy held a lady hostage with a straight razor a couple of weeks ago and they don't allow safety razors, bladed or not, in the carry on.
Which airport? And has it been instituted nationwide by the FAA?

Thanks for the heads up. I usually only take a safety razor when I'm checking a bag, but occasionally if I know I can pick up blades at my destination easily, I'll put one in my carry-on. No more of that I guess.

Hold on. Do these TSA employees have visible ID and badges with their names on it?

This is effectively looting, if @StewB 's link above is still current which I assume still is.

Why don't you contact the airport TSA section and demand it back?

That is stolen, and should be either in a confiscated TSA property pool, or the person has it.

Fight back.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hold on. Do these TSA employees have visible ID and badges with their names on it?

This is effectively looting, if @StewB 's link above is still current which I assume still is.

That is stolen, and should be either in a confiscated TSA property pool, or the person has it.

Fight back.
It's in a warehouse like they put the Ark of the Covenant in on the first and best Indiana Jones movie.

Then the Chinese buy them all and sell 'em on the 'Bay......true story doggone!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This was at JFK, I'm not sure if it's nationwide or permanent, the few people I talked to made it seem like it was. In the bin they put the razor into I saw dozens of DE razors mostly without blades
That's infuriating. I'm moving to where ever the Baldwin's go when they get mad. What has happened to us?

Fight back.
Not sure of that actually is up to date. I'm going to speak to the airline and see what I can get out of them. Didn't really collect anyone's name unfortunately...thanks for the encouragement though! My plan moving forward is to get a travel razor and separate the pieces into different places. I'd find it hard to believe that they'd confiscate a base plate or handle 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom