What's new

New Rudy Vey Shavemac Beeauty!!

This is a fun thread showing our new Rudy brushes. Here's mine, with a Shavemac 27.5mm D01 3 band.
IMG_3188.jpg

How is that knot?

Happy shaves,

Jim
It's breaking in very nicely! After 5 uses I am starting to see what it will become, which is a wonderfully dense knot with soft tips, great presence, & a mild amount of backbone. It responds well to my direction & I see this becoming one of my favorites. It has lost almost all of its prickliness, which I imagine will be all gone after a few more uses.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's breaking in very nicely! After 5 uses I am starting to see what it will become, which is a wonderfully dense knot with soft tips, great presence, & a mild amount of backbone. It responds well to my direction & I see this becoming one of my favorites. It has lost almost all of its prickliness, which I imagine will be all gone after a few more uses.

Sounds very nice, David.

Happy shaves,

Jim

New Rudy Vey Shavemac Beehive Brush

Editor’s Note: Poor Snoopy is greatly confused by the newest brush acquisition. It’s unlike any beehive he or his good friend, Winnie the Pooh, have ever encountered before— a beehive without honey! Oh bother!!

Writing for the BBS, The World Famous Author Snoopy.

View attachment 1445728

** My photography skills do not do the exquisite Shavemac Beehive brush justice my apologies.

In recent months I have added a few new brushes—a Simpsons Chubby 1 Super (current favorite), a Razorock BC Silvertip synthetic, and now a beeautiful Shavemac Butterscotch Beehive brush by Rudy Vey.

Several weeks ago, I noticed a post from Rudy indicating he was going to be making a Shavemac order soon. I have only had a few brief interactions with Rudy prior, but every message exchanged he was always gracious, kind, patient and extremely knowledgeable. I had never had a custom brush made before, but the many reviews I had read about Rudy’s craftsmanship and customer service were always exemplary. I eagerly messaged Rudy requesting the honor for him to make me a brush that represented several firsts for me. My first custom brush. My first beehive brush. My first Butterscotch brush. My first Shavemac brush. We exchanged a few messages where I peppered him with several newbie questions. Rudy’s responses were gracious, thoughtful and detailed. Rudy patiently guided me through the process for ordering my custom brush. I fully relied on his extensive knowledge for brush making to meet my needs for a beautiful brush. After I selected a bulb knot, he recommended the Silvertip hair due to my extremely sensitive skin, and I left the loft decision to his expert discretion. I have yet to use the brush—waiting for my next shave on Wolfman Wednesday— but Rudy has already exceeded my expectations in every way — his expertise and customer service is top notch! It’s a Beeautiful Butterscotch brush. I highly recommend buying brushes from Rudy—he’s awesome!! I will definitely be a repeat customer. Thank you Rudy!!

Happy Shaving Everyone!
What a great post. Thank you for sharing, I love learning about great service and experiences with vendors.

Top Bottom