What's new

New Rudy Vey Limited Edition on the Way

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Mine arrived today. Have it lathered with Tabac right now. Did some hand lathers and think it’s going to be a wonderful brush.

I used the brush for the first time today. First I hit it with some shampoo, then thoroughly rinsed it, and christened it with The Holy Black's Mountain Man soap. The knot is very nice. The hairs are finer than my Elite Manchurians, but with just as much backbone (which is to say quite strong). Rudy nailed the perfect loft with the bulb. There is a bit more flow-through than the Elite, a little less density, more presence, and similar scrub with ZERO scritch. There was less badger smell than average (I would describe it as faint). The handle is large and hefty. It feels solid in the hand.

Received my brush today. Excellent example of an old school Barber’s Brush. I love it.
Great job Rudy..

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Having survived the dreaded teterboro PO, mine landed here in the Great Mitten this afternoon. Will shortly comb her out & lather up with Tabac, then let sit overnight to defunk. Beautiful looking brush, thanks again Rudy & the ACE + B&B gang

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Got mine today. It is very nice. Will take it out for a spin tomorrow and try to get some pics. It has a very substantial feel.

Beautiful. The knot feels great, well shaped and only shed a few stray hairs.
Thanks for putting this together. A couple of photos each of the first lathering and the bloom afterwards.
IMG_8228.jpeg

IMG_8223.jpg

IMG_8225_sm.jpg

IMG_8226_sm.jpg

The timing was wrong for me on this one, but that is one beautiful brush. Rudy always nails the loft too.

Top Bottom