What's new

New Rooney "Specials" Just In - New Colors - Pure & Super

I agree....I received my coral brush yesterday. There is a color variation, though. In my eye, the "coral" appeared red in the photo on the site. My actual brush, though appears more orange. It makes absolutely no difference to me, though.....its my first Rooney and I love it!

How does it compare to the Rooney 3/1. It looks similar but has a shorter loft. I am wondering if the knot is the EXACT same?? Density, softness, backbone?

Looks like a great brush and even though I love my C&E BBB I would have gotten one of these instead.

Only reason I ask is because another online store has Rooney 3/1 pure badger for $54.

Besides the loft and handle colors I want to know if everthing else is EXACTLY the same.

It seems similar but according to Cheech post 31 it isn't.

The knot doesn't seem as dense as my other Rooneys. That's not to say it is floppy or sparse by any means. Its firm, with backbone. And it is reasonabley dense. But I could feel the difference in density between it and my 1/1 or 3/2. The reason I say this is that, personally, when I think Rooney, I think dense. This is not "Rooney dense." If you are expecting that, you will be disappointed.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77692&highlight=rooney+special&page=2

Last edited:
Why is the lettering different between the two grades? The pure badger brushes have a nice, elegant script on the handles where as the "Super" Silvertip brushes have block letters.

:confused:

Last edited:
I've been using my "coral" silvertip special for a few days now. All I can say is "WOW". It is an amazing brush and I am extremely pleased with it. Works well with creams and soaps, ever so soft on the face, easy to handle, builds a ton of lather quickly and easily, just a joy to use.

I guess you could say I like it (a lot!) and it's now my "go to" brush.

Why is the lettering different between the two grades? The pure badger brushes have a nice, elegant script on the handles where as the "Super" Silvertip brushes have block letters.

:confused:

That's just the way things are in the world kid. :wink: Seriously though, when I started discussions with Rooney about these these brushes almost a year ago, they were to be a "special" line of brushes made for my safety razor and straight razor sets. We initially discussed having them "private labeled" as Vintage Blades Brand brushes, but ultimately settled on the Rooney script logo. At first they were made just in a white and black resin in the shape of a 2/1. Later it was decided to go with the more popular 3/1 shape.

Only recently did the line expand into the new colors and become more "on the radar" of those of you on the forums when I offered these brushes not only as part of our sets, but for sale separately. This turned out to be a mixed blessing candidly. The coral and tortoise in Super have become so popular that I am almost out of stock. (What a problem to have!! :biggrin:) We are in danger of not having enough for out sets unless Rooney can rush us some more ASAP. Unfortunately, they are not know for there speed in filling orders. :frown:

I know that doesn't really answer fully your question about the difference in the logos. Just look at all the 3/1 Supers as "regular" Rooneys and thus they will have the regular Rooney logo. The Pure Badger "Specials" that I have contracted to have made will always bear the special script logo.

Top Bottom