What's new

New rookie on the block

Hello everybody!

I just started my shaving adventure with Double Edged Razor today.

Until now, I shaved my beard everyday and my head every two days, with a Nivea Protect and Care foam and a Gillette Proglide. Always with two way shaving: N-S and S-N and ending with a spot correction in some areas (mainly E-W) ;-) ending with a Nivea Aftershave Balm Sensitive.

Today I did my first shaving beard experience with Double Edged Razor, with a King Gillette Double Edged Razor with the included blade, and used a NIVEA Protect and Care Shaving Cream and same aftershave from the past. My head was shaved as always and I don't have the courage to change soon...

My shaving took a lot more time today, because I was discovering the directions of my beard, and I did a 3-way shaving: N-S, E-W and S-N. In the end I had to check on some spots because I was a little afraid I didn't made enough strength to cut properly the beard.

Generally all was OK, as I didn't bleed in blood, only a small cut on the neck and red skin around it, but all disappeared just after the aftershave. So far, so good.

Tomorrow I will try a pre-shave: PRORASO White Pre-Shaving Cream. Also, the next days I will test some other products just to find out what fits better for me...

I will post around here my new adventures and discovers ;-)

Thank you!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia and thanks for checking in with us and sharing your experience. I personally love Nivea products. Glad that you like them as well.

Thank you all for such warming welcome.

As told in my first post, today I started to use PRORASO White Pre-Shaving Cream. Can't say that I felt any difference, but I hope this will help my skin to handle with new kind of shaving. At least it smells very good (some lemon on it...) and final result was very good and only a few spot of little blood solved with a cold splash of water, Hemostatic Pencil from 444 (portuguese I think) and NIVEA aftershave balm.

Have a nice weekend, and Sunday I will test a new soap ;-) really excited with that!

Cheers

Greetings and salutations!

The ATG pass (S-N) is considered the most aggressive and you might want put that one on hold the for the first weeks of learning. Especially if you are a daily shaver. Replace it with nothing or an additional xtg-pass, ie {N-S, E-W, W-E}. A comfortable, enjoyable and irritation free shave is always a priority over chasing bbs or whatever. The perfect bbs will be there in due time, with skill, patience and experience.

Greetings and salutations!

The ATG pass (S-N) is considered the most aggressive and you might want put that one on hold the for the first weeks of learning. Especially if you are a daily shaver. Replace it with nothing or an additional xtg-pass, ie {N-S, E-W, W-E}. A comfortable, enjoyable and irritation free shave is always a priority over chasing bbs or whatever. The perfect bbs will be there in due time, with skill, patience and experience.

@CuzteR Thank you for your advice!

Welcome to B&B! Congrats on the first shave, sounds like a success. Just keep at it, the shaves will get faster with some more practice. It's a great journey.

News from here ;-)

For this journey I bought 2 razors: King C Gillette and Wilkinson Sword Classic Double Edge Safety Razor included in a box with some other stuff.

As I read all over the places, beginners should test and try some options regarding Razors, blades, shaving soaps, etc.

So I decided to test both King C Gillette and Wilkinson Sword blades in first place (but already have several other blades to test).

My method is simple: keeping all other elements I just try each blade in both razors, one at the time, so I can be able to compare it.

My first test was with King C Gillette razor and blade. I've got 5 good shavings, and as I noticed that at the 5th that blade was near of it's end, I switched for a new one King C Gillette blade inside the Wilkinson Sword razor.

Just to resume: It seemed I was fighting with my cat. And he won the battle!

Just in the first shave (N-S) I saw a little cut... But in the second (E-W) thing went very wrong...

Even after a couple of hours after shaving my skin is still remembering me of that moment... :-(

Tomorrow I will test the same blade in King C Gillette razor just to be sure that it is not a problem from the blade. Otherwise, seems very clear to me that this combination is not a possibility, or worst, if even with their own blades this irritation continues, this Wilkinson Sword razor is not for me...

Anyone knows if the Wilkinson Sword razor is more "aggressive" than King C Gillette's?

Thank you all!

Cheers!

Top Bottom