What's new

New Razorock Wunderbar Slant!

I received mine yesterday and got my first shave in last night. I can only compare it to my Ikon SC 102 in terms of slants, and the Wunderbar is definitely more aggresive feeling, but also more efficient.

I loaded up a Perma-Sharp Super and I went 3 pass (WTG/XTG/ATG) and only needed a minor touch up just under the chin to achieve full BBS! I ended up with one nick on my chin due to carelessness on my 3rd pass (I got too confident lol) and I had 2 very very minor weepers on the jawline which didn't even require a styptic pen (just a dab of water and it was taken care of).

Here's where things get very interesting.... During the whole shave I could definitely feel the blade on my skin, and I was prepared for a good burning when I hit my face with my alum block after the shave, but amazingly, and I mean AMAZINGLY, there was zero burn from the alum block and zero irritation!!!! That's unprecedented for me when I've felt that much blade in the past!

Razor also has a great sound to it. like cutting paper with a sword lol!

This is a top notch razor. I'm a night shaver and usually by 8am the next day I can already feel the stubble growing back but as I write this my face is still BBS! I am very very happy with this purchase!

The excitement (and hype, lol) are real. I'm glad I missed the first run cause now i get to read all the reviews. So far my plan is to get in on the second run if I can. Now a quick question, I've never used a slant before, any reasons I ought to try a different one rather than the Wunderbar (aside from cost, availability, etc)? Thanks!

Great work!
agree the wunderbar feels blade exposure to my face same as the fatip grande but yet it feels like it won't cut u at all, it does boost lots of confidence. It is my first slant ever, I had no cuts and no weepers and was my first time shaving with it. It's a big win in my books considering the price for machined razor, I also like aggressive razors and this thing is the most efficient razor I ever owned. I think I did 3 passes in matter of 3-4 minutes, it just felt natural shaving with it

The excitement (and hype, lol) are real. I'm glad I missed the first run cause now i get to read all the reviews. So far my plan is to get in on the second run if I can. Now a quick question, I've never used a slant before, any reasons I ought to try a different one rather than the Wunderbar (aside from cost, availability, etc)? Thanks!

This is my first slant too. So far, so good! I thought about getting a Fine SuperLite or a Merkur 37c, but I decided to wait for the Wunderbar, and it's been great so far! I would probably recommend some shaving experience maybe? I wouldn't give it to my dad to shave with (he's not a wetshaver), I'd probably give him my Merkur 34c.

This is my first slant too. So far, so good! I thought about getting a Fine SuperLite or a Merkur 37c, but I decided to wait for the Wunderbar, and it's been great so far! I would probably recommend some shaving experience maybe? I wouldn't give it to my dad to shave with (he's not a wetshaver), I'd probably give him my Merkur 34c.
that makes sense, and makes me definitely want to hold out on slants until I can get one. Thanks!

The "Wonderful" is truly wonderful.

I haven't tried any of previous versions of RR slants but I have tried some slants, including the Bakelite slant that is pre cursor to all of RR slants. I've also used Fine Superlite, Fasan open comb slant and Ikon 102 slant. The Wunderbar is more efficient than all of these except the Fasan. Wunderbar is almost as efficient as the Fasan while being a little smoother than it. There is not even minimal tugging or pulling and hair just disappears. Usually this is a feature of various SE blades+razor combo such as GEM and Feather Artist Club types. Those blades are expensive but DE blades I used were just regular cheap Gillette Wilkinson's. It shaves as close and efficiently as Feather shavette or Mongoose loaded with Feather Artist Club SE blades, even when using not so sharp blades. I've only used one other DE razor that shaves as close as this one does, my Fasan open comb slant. If this razor shaved this close with these cheapo blades then it's only going to get better with premium blades.

Comparing to Fasan OC slant, it shaves just as close as while being smoother. The Fasan has more blade feel because a lot of blade edge is exposed. The only other difference is material they are made of, impacting the difference in their weight and glide.

Comparing to Fine Superlite and the original Bakelite slant, the Wunderbar has nothing in common. Well, the Fine Superlite looks like the Wunderbar, but that's where the similarity ends. Blade alignment is very different. Wunderbar is more efficient and somehow more smooth. Blade feel is similar but there is more efficiency.

Comparing to Ikon 102, Wunderbar is more efficient while being just as smooth. With the Wunderbar, less strokes per pass are needed. This means less razor burn and irritation. 102 head is bit smaller, so it's easier to use around certain tight spots on the neck for me. Glossy finished SS glides over face like nothing else, so perceived smoothness is better due to the glide. The blade feel is similar to 102 and it feels harsh on some areas just like 102 does. I think I should sell my 102 because the Wunderbar is more efficient while being just as smooth.

In general there is very noticeable blade feel with Wunderbar and it can feel harsh on some spots but it's not an aggressive razor by any means. It feels just a notch more aggressive than DE 89 in terms of blade feel. it's not harsh or uncomfortable at all. I'm sure that with some practice and smoother blades, I will barely feel the blade in razor. I reckon that one pass XTG and another ATG with this razor can get me a near BBS. I love the shaves I get from my Fasan but sometimes it can be harsh but Wunderbar shaves just as closely/efficiently while being less harsh. It feels wonderful(pun intended).

The only nitpick I have is minor cosmetic issues with my razor head. The top plate has numerous tiny blemishes and 2 tiny dents. Bottom plate has a tiny dent too. All this doesn't affect usage at all. Considering it's price(bit lower than ATT), material(316L) and availability, I'll tolerate it.

The "Wonderful" is truly wonderful.

I haven't tried any of previous versions of RR slants but I have tried some slants, including the Bakelite slant that is pre cursor to all of RR slants. I've also used Fine Superlite, Fasan open comb slant and Ikon 102 slant. The Wunderbar is more efficient than all of these except the Fasan. Wunderbar is almost as efficient as the Fasan while being a little smoother than it. There is not even minimal tugging or pulling and hair just disappears. Usually this is a feature of various SE blades+razor combo such as GEM and Feather Artist Club types. Those blades are expensive but DE blades I used were just regular cheap Gillette Wilkinson's. It shaves as close and efficiently as Feather shavette or Mongoose loaded with Feather Artist Club SE blades, even when using not so sharp blades. I've only used one other DE razor that shaves as close as this one does, my Fasan open comb slant. If this razor shaved this close with these cheapo blades then it's only going to get better with premium blades.

Comparing to Fasan OC slant, it shaves just as close as while being smoother. The Fasan has more blade feel because a lot of blade edge is exposed. The only other difference is material they are made of, impacting the difference in their weight and glide.

Comparing to Fine Superlite and the original Bakelite slant, the Wunderbar has nothing in common. Well, the Fine Superlite looks like the Wunderbar, but that's where the similarity ends. Blade alignment is very different. Wunderbar is more efficient and somehow more smooth. Blade feel is similar but there is more efficiency.

Comparing to Ikon 102, Wunderbar is more efficient while being just as smooth. With the Wunderbar, less strokes per pass are needed. This means less razor burn and irritation. 102 head is bit smaller, so it's easier to use around certain tight spots on the neck for me. Glossy finished SS glides over face like nothing else, so perceived smoothness is better due to the glide. The blade feel is similar to 102 and it feels harsh on some areas just like 102 does. I think I should sell my 102 because the Wunderbar is more efficient while being just as smooth.

In general there is very noticeable blade feel with Wunderbar and it can feel harsh on some spots but it's not an aggressive razor by any means. It feels just a notch more aggressive than DE 89 in terms of blade feel. it's not harsh or uncomfortable at all. I'm sure that with some practice and smoother blades, I will barely feel the blade in razor. I reckon that one pass XTG and another ATG with this razor can get me a near BBS. I love the shaves I get from my Fasan but sometimes it can be harsh but Wunderbar shaves just as closely/efficiently while being less harsh. It feels wonderful(pun intended).

The only nitpick I have is minor cosmetic issues with my razor head. The top plate has numerous tiny blemishes and 2 tiny dents. Bottom plate has a tiny dent too. All this doesn't affect usage at all. Considering it's price(bit lower than ATT), material(316L) and availability, I'll tolerate it.
thank you for the review! Very nice to hear all the comparisons.

I thought the blade feel of the Wunderbar is very similar to the Baby Smooth. It's not aggressive per say, but you can feel the blade pretty well. I didn't quite get the angle correct the whole shave so I'm reserving opinion.
I bought the Uberglide iKon Bamboo handle also. I'm not a big fan of the original handle.
proxy.php

I have the ATT S2 (2016) and SC 102 mentioned in this thread. Imo the Wunderbar is a better razor than both. It's a different tool than the Stealth V1 & V4 I also own but still a superior shaver.

What surprised me though is I find it smoother and more efficient than the standard Wolfman. Not as polished as the Wolfman (what is?) but the tolerances & alignment match the Wolfman easily. An excellent tool.
proxy.php
proxy.php

I've used the Stealth and ATT S2. The Wunderbar is so dome'd compared to this other 2. It's kind of crazy cool

Despite of being made of 316L SS, the head is only 34g. Some aluminum razor heads weigh more than that. Ikon 102=41g. Ikon 101=44g. For me this is another advantage of the Wunderbar. I prefer total weight of razor around 80-90 gm, so this is perfect head weight for me.

I didn't quite get the angle correct the whole shave so I'm reserving opinion.

I got another shave in last night, with a new blade, but I have to say I'm struggling to find the best angle for this razor. i tried both shallow and steep angles on last night's shave, and I had different problems with each one, so I must be missing the sweet spot and/or I'm failing to maintain the best angle when I hit it.

I got another shave in last night, with a new blade, but I have to say I'm struggling to find the best angle for this razor. i tried both shallow and steep angles on last night's shave, and I had different problems with each one, so I must be missing the sweet spot and/or I'm failing to maintain the best angle when I hit it.

There is a lot of head to roll the angle on. I had a similar problem as you. More shaves and I'll figure it out.

Top Bottom